The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

International Linguistics Applicant

Hey all,

I received an unconditional offer for the Linguistics BA programme at UCL. I'm an int'l student in the US, so my AP scores were my entry requirements.

I'm also interested in the Experimental Linguistics BSc pathway that's talked about on the Linguistics BA site.

So I emailed the admissions people asking about it, and at that point I was made aware that I was supposed to mention my future AP exams on my UCAS application.

I would need the future ones to be accepted into the BSc, so I told the admissions officer what APs I was planning on taking, and he responded by saying:

If you get your referee to email me directly, at my email address below, with an explanation of what your situation is, as you have failed to complete your application properly, and predicted grades for your APs, we should be able to consider it.

Which honestly sounds very dire and makes it sound like they're going to withdraw their offer?? My referee is my English teacher from last year, so I'm also kind of confused on how she's supposed to predict my APs. Can someone clarify for me the situation and how I should proceed?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending