The Student Room Group

Switching from nursing to physiotherapy, also I have a police caution.

Hi guys, like the question states I'm in my first year of studying nursing but I have decided that whilst it is a great career and nurses are superheroes truly, it is not the career for me. I have decided to apply for physiotherapy after I complete the first year and use my certificate of HE to apply to do physio. I'm just asking if the interviewers would see nursing as a good stepping stone or not? I am working on getting some job experience.

The other thing is that I actually have a police caution for assault after I tried to force my brother out of our family home after he attacked our mum. This caution is being looked into by a police service that investigates wrongfully admitted cautions as it was not explained to me properly and the custody sergeant kept shouting at me when I asked questions. How would this affect my chances of getting into physiotherapy? by that I mean should I declare it on my UCAS or should I declare nothing and then explain it at my interviews? Sorry about the long message but anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks again.
I would say declare it straight away, otherwise you may seen as a liar for failing to disclose this information initially. You will probably get on the course with it if you did for nursing. I think you would be fine, just check uni entry requirements etc. The only thing I wondered was whether they would feel you were committed/able to take the degree seriously, since you dropped out of nursing it could show you gave up or want to hop from course to course, which is not what uni is about. Of course they may not think this.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joefarouk
Hi guys, like the question states I'm in my first year of studying nursing but I have decided that whilst it is a great career and nurses are superheroes truly, it is not the career for me. I have decided to apply for physiotherapy after I complete the first year and use my certificate of HE to apply to do physio. I'm just asking if the interviewers would see nursing as a good stepping stone or not? I am working on getting some job experience.

The other thing is that I actually have a police caution for assault after I tried to force my brother out of our family home after he attacked our mum. This caution is being looked into by a police service that investigates wrongfully admitted cautions as it was not explained to me properly and the custody sergeant kept shouting at me when I asked questions. How would this affect my chances of getting into physiotherapy? by that I mean should I declare it on my UCAS or should I declare nothing and then explain it at my interviews? Sorry about the long message but anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks again.

How did you go about this? i am in a similar situation, did you decalre it? was it okay? are you currently studying? any information would be valuable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending