The Student Room Group

Is she really interested in someone else? Should I give it a go?

I'm 15 she's 14.
Her (female) friend mentioned to me randomly that she may be interested in future going out with some apparently massively tall muscular guy, this was all in a conversation when the girl I like wasn't around so her friend was talking about a boy she likes as well..

I have had a crush on her for ages, one of my friends said she could be "testing me". Is this true? Should I go ahead and ask her out, get in first if I can and prove something? Or could she really like this other guy?

I have never met or heard of him but he sounds like a typical " hottie" boy, athletic, tall, massive muscles.

Now I am 6'1" , so wtf is this guy?
I feel so inadequate and useless. Quite frankly I am sick of being ugly and unattractive and I think I am fat, I weigh!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

too young for this. Get your job and qualifications first
Bruh, just go for it, right now, here we go.
Original post by shawn_o1

I'm doing my A levels simultaneously, A* in maths already. I can manage my qualifications perfectly, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Just get in their first and ask her out or you will live with regrets and let us know how you get on.
Original post by SeanFM
Bruh, just go for it, right now, here we go.

What if I embarrass myself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unansweredpost1
What if I embarrass myself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Don't be direct and tell her that you like her, maybe ask her out and see how that goes.

Maybe do a bit of flirting beforehand and see what happens.
Original post by SeanFM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Don't be direct and tell her that you like her, maybe ask her out and see how that goes.

Maybe do a bit of flirting beforehand and see what happens.

Yet I would be embarrassed in front of everyone, all the "banter"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yet I would be embarrassed in front of everyone, all the "banter"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Time will go on and people will find something else to gossip about. :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Time will go on and people will find something else to gossip about. :smile:

I'm sorry but I am becoming paralysed by fear every time I think I am going to ask her. I hate this feeling, I literally am unable to speak or move while my mind is screaming at me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry but I am becoming paralysed by fear every time I think I am going to ask her. I hate this feeling, I literally am unable to speak or move while my mind is screaming at me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the feeling :tongue:

You just have to try and make it seem as casual as possible, like 'd'ya wanna go and see a movie on Friday' or something like that. Know what you want to say and when it's right, just go for it. :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
I know the feeling :tongue:

You just have to try and make it seem as casual as possible, like 'd'ya wanna go and see a movie on Friday' or something like that. Know what you want to say and when it's right, just go for it. :smile:

I know, it sounds so simple preparing but something stops me, I literally feel like I can't do anything. I think social anxiety, I was barely able to tell one of my male friends and that was hard for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, it sounds so simple preparing but something stops me, I literally feel like I can't do anything. I think social anxiety, I was barely able to tell one of my male friends and that was hard for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you're going to feel nervous. :tongue:

I hope that it works out for you. :h:
**** what her friend said, ask her out you will lose nothing if you ask her out.
Original post by Ahmed766
**** what her friend said, ask her out you will lose nothing if you ask her out.

I know this, I just freeze up, its like my body talks me out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
Of course you're going to feel nervous. :tongue:

I hope that it works out for you. :h:

Thank you. It's not so much nervous as freezing up, and afterwards I beat myself up because I feel stupid for not being able to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this, I just freeze up, its like my body talks me out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try and start a conversation with her when not many people are around, try to be as confident as you can. It's best to ask her out and have no regrets than to leave it :smile:
Original post by shawn_o1

I'm doing my A levels simultaneously, A* in maths already. I can manage my qualifications perfectly, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

#rekt
Has it not occured to you that the person your crush may be talking about, is you?

I mean, I'd give it a shot
Original post by Another
Has it not occured to you that the person your crush may be talking about, is you?

I mean, I'd give it a shot

She didn't say anything, her friend did. And it wasn't me, she named some other boy that apparently is really amazing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending