The Student Room Group

So, farewell then BBC3 - you will be missed

BBC Trust axes BBC3 from January.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/26/bbc3-tv-channel-to-be-switched-off-by-february-bbc-trust-confirms

It was good (sometimes) whilst it lasted.

The channel that brought us Torchwood, Pramface, Mighty Boosh, Being Human and many more - is to be consigned to the dustbin of history. :cry2:

And with it most of the BBC's younger audiences. :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wtf
Good riddance to bad rubbish. To my mind they produced nothing decent.
Hardly watched the channel anyway
is it being taken off air?!
i loved it's late night family guy </3
Reply 6
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Who will, as they have been for the past few years, just watch it all on iPlayer anyway.

Those (types of) shows will still get made, you'll just watch them differently. I know you love any chance to knock things that represent 'the state' in one way, shape or form, but this is the BBC actually catching up with modern viewing patterns, not falling behind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ciaranlacey
is it being taken off air?!

The channel will move to iPlayer
Reply 8
As long as BBC2 is safe. Idc about BBC3
I'll miss the loads of family guy episodes at night. But who knows, the BBC is fullofsurprises..
I never watched it.

But I don't quite understand the economics of shutting the channel, yet broadcasting online.

Freeview is full of budget channels selling stuff. The actual broadcasts must be cheap to get on air, or the goods would have to be too expensive to sell.
It's the production costs and post-production that costs , rather than the broadcasting.

There are two kids TV channels on the BBC. Both shut down when BBC3 /4 start up. why keep 4 frequencies/channels when 2 would suffice?
as long as the BBC does not axe Film Four...
Never watched
It makes sense - the target audience are 'youths' and most 'youths' use their devices to watch TV.
Will that nice Mr Saville have to leave ?
Fullofsurprises, you amaze me.
You are on TSR 24/7, you have a panoply of interests, you are immensely knowledgeable about everything (including, erm, actually, let's not go there), you perform research for a university professor, and now we find out that you also watch BBC3 (until January anyway).
This only serves to confirm my suspicion that you are in fact Emma Watson and/or Hermione Granger and own a time-turner.
What other surprises do you have hiding up your sleeve?
BBC3 and BBCParliament are the only 2 channels I watch!
Good riddance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, no love for BBC3 on this thread. I will miss it even though I tend not to watch tv programs on any media.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
BBC Trust axes BBC3 from January.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/26/bbc3-tv-channel-to-be-switched-off-by-february-bbc-trust-confirms

It was good (sometimes) whilst it lasted.

The channel that brought us Torchwood, Pramface, Mighty Boosh, Being Human and many more - is to be consigned to the dustbin of history. :cry2:

Other than Gavin and Stacey and a couple of Documentaries, it didn't produce anything good. Glad it's going, wasting our money. BBC4 I hope too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending