The Student Room Group

He wants to go on a stag weekend

My boyfriend of 2 years has been invited to a stag weekend in Edinburgh, which we live in the south so it's ages away. He's said he'll go, which the weekend will easily cost him £500 for accommodation, food, travel and activities etc...

He complains to me constantly that he hasn't got enough money, and he said we can't go away this year, or even book a hotel room for our anniversary because it's too expensive.

He gets aggressive when he drinks, so i ask him not too, and he never does around me, but he drinks a lot around friends. So i know he's going to get drunk, and his friends have bad reputations for cheating on girls and doing drugs. I'm zero tolerance on any drugs, so i would leave him if he did drugs (he has in the past before me) or cheated on me.

He told me he wasn't going to go, then messages his friend who in reality he barely knows saying he'll go! I hate the idea of him going to a strip club.

What should i say to my boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

He doesn't seem like a very good boyfriend if he rather spend money on going to a strip club and getting wasted than going out with his girlfriend to a hotel or on holiday. Another red flag is the getting aggressive whilst being drunk? That doesn't sound fun.

Break up with him before its too late. O.O
Reply 2
Original post by bluemadhatter
He doesn't seem like a very good boyfriend if he rather spend money on going to a strip club and getting wasted than going out with his girlfriend to a hotel or on holiday. Another red flag is the getting aggressive whilst being drunk? That doesn't sound fun.

Break up with him before its too late. O.O

Darn. I was gonna post:

"in b4 TSR user on moral high horse advises you to break up with him (because that's their solution to everything)"

but you got in before me. You win this round I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
On the one hand a stag do is as important to most guys as a wedding dress is to most women. It's a right of passage and if his friend wants him there then I think its unreasonable to suggest that he has to go on holiday with you over an important event for his friend.

Regarding the drugs, if he wants to do them and you have a clear stance he disagrees with then it doesnt sound to me like you're right together anyway.

Strip clubs and having a few beers are both harmless providing the bloke isnt a dickhead to start with.
I'm fortunate that my wife is an adult and realises this, likewise if she wanted to go to a male strip show on a hen party I wouldnt mind either.

From what you have described your boyfriend has no money, likes being violent (drink exaggerates personalities), enjoys drugs though you hate them and if made to make the choice (whether you should make him choose or not is another question) he picks his mates over you.
He sounds like a right catch lol
Original post by Vereor
On the one hand a stag do is as important to most guys as a wedding dress is to most women. It's a right of passage and if his friend wants him there then I think its unreasonable to suggest that he has to go on holiday with you over an important event for his friend.

Regarding the drugs, if he wants to do them and you have a clear stance he disagrees with then it doesnt sound to me like you're right together anyway.

Strip clubs and having a few beers are both harmless providing the bloke isnt a dickhead to start with.
I'm fortunate that my wife is an adult and realises this, likewise if she wanted to go to a male strip show on a hen party I wouldnt mind either.

From what you have described your boyfriend has no money, likes being violent (drink exaggerates personalities), enjoys drugs though you hate them and if made to make the choice (whether you should make him choose or not is another question) he picks his mates over you.
He sounds like a right catch lol

From the sounds of things, he is just using this stag do to get away from the girlfriend and not because he actually cares. Like OP mentioned he agreed to go to "friends he barely knows" and friends who have "bad reputation" whilst the girlfriend clearly has his best interest in mind.

OP also doesn't seem to trust the boyfriend not to do all the things she dislikes and relationship is built on trust which is why you wouldn't mind your wife going to a strip club during hen party etc.

They just seem to want different things overall.
He's gonna go away, get royally ****ed up, snort coke off a stripper's thighs and come home being shifty because he's done some other things he feels guilty about. Do with that info what you will.
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
He's gonna go away, get royally ****ed up, snort coke off a stripper's thighs and come home being shifty because he's done some other things he feels guilty about. Do with that info what you will.

I agree. It's going to be like the opening scene from the wolf of wall street.
It always baffles me when girls stay with guys that clearly give not one iota of a **** about them and think they can change them.
He doesn't have money to waste

He is involving himself with people who are bad

He's in a relationship so going to see strippers is totally unacceptable

He gets drunk and violent

He sounds like he has no prospects in life

Dump him.
Reply 8
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal

He's in a relationship so going to see strippers is totally unacceptable

You were right on every other point but this one.
In a healthy and trusting relationship there is no harm whatsoever in strip clubs or full monty style shows or anything like that providing it's in a social context.
Original post by Vereor
You were right on every other point but this one.
In a healthy and trusting relationship there is no harm whatsoever in strip clubs or full monty style shows or anything like that providing it's in a social context.

No it's not.

Lots of people do it which normalises it, but that doesn't make it ok. Going to see women dancing naked when you have a wife/girlfriend is not ok, paying for that makes you a walking joke.
Reply 10
It sounds to me like he's trying to get some space away from you.

Also LOL at the drug thing.. You seem like a very controlling person.
Prefer my girl , over any strip club all i need is her :smile:
Reply 12
No it's not.

Lots of people do it which normalises it, but that doesn't make it ok. Going to see women dancing naked when you have a wife/girlfriend is not ok, paying for that makes you a walking joke.

As I said above it's a mutual agreement in a trusting adult relationship.
We're not in Saudi and if my other half wants to go to a show with the girls and see some men have a dance then I have no problem with that.

Paying money for it is a moot point, you're paying for the entertainment and not for sexual gratification. Ever bought gone to a movie with friends? Same thing.
Original post by Vereor
As I said above it's a mutual agreement in a trusting adult relationship.
We're not in Saudi and if my other half wants to go to a show with the girls and see some men have a dance then I have no problem with that.

Paying money for it is a moot point, you're paying for the entertainment and not for sexual gratification. Ever bought gone to a movie with friends? Same thing.

I have no envy of your relationship :smile:
Your boyfriend sounds like such a keeper...
Reply 15
I have no envy of your relationship :smile:

We've been together nearly 10 years and we have been happy throughout.

Forgive me if I don't rush to change a working formula for your approval.
Original post by Vereor
We've been together nearly 10 years and we have been happy throughout.

Forgive me if I don't rush to change a working formula for your approval.

I'm sure you're very happy in the strip club knowing your girlfriend is sucking off Magic Mike
Reply 17
I'm sure you're very happy in the strip club knowing your girlfriend is sucking off Magic Mike

Bless. Your assumption that women shouldn't be trusted must stem from somewhere.
I bet your mother was a right slut.
Original post by Vereor
Bless. Your assumption that women shouldn't be trusted must stem from somewhere.
I bet your mother was a right slut.

The act of going to a stripper party is cheating, I am sorry I wasn't raised in the pigsty with the pigs.
You let him go - it's his money! If you want to go on holiday why don't you pay for it? If my friend was getting married i would want to go to her hen do, i dont see why that's unreasonable.
Furthermore, it sounds like you don't trust him. He's allowed to drink and just because he's around guys who cheat doesn't mean he will. I think you need to evaluate why you're in a relationship with someone you don't trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending