The Student Room Group

Immigration hits the highest ever level in history... again

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eoe
I am happy. What century do we live in? Its 21st century !
Borders, Nations etc. These are all man made. The world belongs all humans. I should be able to visit any part of the world with out any problems

Visit? We are talking about permanent residence.

Nobody says that Africa needs more diversity
Nobody says that Asia needs more diversity
They are already 100% diverse.
White countries and only white countries are expected to become more diverse.
Only when there are no white people left in them will they be truly diverse.
Reply 21
I'm all for a multi-ethnic Britain, it's been that way for over a thousands years anyway. Multi-culturalism in its current form however is a mistake.

I have absolutely no time what so ever for the ridiculous people who seem to think that certain cultures are not inferior to others. Why on earth are we allowing certain migrants to continue with their degenerate practices and traditions. Britain has become the western world's capital of female genital mutilation. I would bet everything I own that every single case occurs in migrant families. Arranged marriages, slavery, wife-beating, people trafficking and organised rape are all imports from cultures and peoples who tolerate them, namely in Islamic countries. There should be a zero tolerance policy on these uncivilised behaviours.

Keep the best of your culture and traditions. We have been the most successful European country in regards to immigration so far, with the Chinese, Jamaican, Hindu and Sikh communities fully integrated, accepted and celebrated in Britain. This unwavering tolerance of barbarism however will only tear our country apart.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by eldorado918
Visit? We are talking about permanent residence.

Nobody says that Africa needs more diversity
Nobody says that Asia needs more diversity
They are already 100% diverse.
White countries and only white countries are expected to become more diverse.
Only when there are no white people left in them will they be truly diverse.

Mission achieved !
Reply 23
Original post by Ace123
The latest immigration stats show immigration has hit the highest ever levels yet again

-636,000 came in 1 year (336,000 net, the size of Coventry).
-862,000 immigrants registered for NI numbers in 1 year
-There was also a gigantic increase in Romanian and Bulgarian immigration as UKIP predicted & those 2 small countries accounted for 21% of all EU immigration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/12017896/Government-braced-for-more-damaging-numbers-on-immigration-live.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/622273/immigration-figures-records-UK-smashed-EU-eastern-europeans-flock-to-Britain

How many are employed in full-time jobs paid over 20K?
I'm seeing a lot of pro-sans borders talk on this thread, and I agree with you... to a point.

Open borders is by far the best moral policy to have, but the world (sadly) doesn't run on morals; it runs on economies, political systems, societies, to name but a few.

As someone else has already said, the practical implications of 600,000 (a number which is more than slightly erroneous if the news report I heard on the radio earlier, which said that 600,000 people have entered but 300,000 have left [I'm rounding up or down, can't remember the exact figures], is anything to go by) people migrating to a country as small as ours will have an adverse effect.

It's all very well screeching about open border policies, but that ideal falls flat on its arse when you're waiting 12 hours in accident and emergency, more than a month to get a doctors appointment, and have been struggling to get a job because there aren't enough to go around.

You cannot run the world on ideals. Practicality has to enter into the equation somewhere.
The immigrants are coming because they recognise a Britain that is open for business, a Britain that is paying it's way, has turned away from debt and towards living within its means. They are coming for a Britain that is moving away from being a low pay, high tax and high welfare economy, to a high pay, low tax and low welfare economy.

It is thanks to making the tough decisions from 2010 onwards that we are the fastest growing developed country, have record levels of employment and have sent a strong message around the world that Britain is the best place to be.
Reply 26
Only immigrants on high-paid jobs should be accepted imo.
That is because all the major establishment parties support multicultral melting pot that is to racially DESTROY all White nations through intermixing

We see it happening, take a look around White people

The media promotes it too, why the **** do I have to pay the BBC so they can promote largely White female Black male race mixing propaganda? it's all we see on television these days...

All non-White immigration must be banned

Israel has an immigration policy that is basically if you're ethnically Jewish you can stay forever in Israel.

Why is it only racist when it applies to White people? what a ****ing farce racism is. A social construct designed to be used against our people.

**** all you race traitors who call me the racist this is genocide we're talking about here

Why do you think it is "diversity" to racially destroy our countries I don't know
(edited 8 years ago)
Britain is doing great at the moment. A lot of dossers and their enablers don't recognise this fact but people from countries that actually are doing badly recognise a country on its arse when they see it. They see that Britain is not one of those so they come here.

The day people don't want to come here anymore is when the alarm bells should be sounding. I suppose if you hate immigration then you might want to plunge the economy into crap so it stops. That'll do the trick though.

I'm not suggesting this immigration is any good for most people already living here. I'm an immigrant myself and even I can see that it has absolutely no benefit what so ever for anybody who isn't rich. But money talks so here we are. And fair play to the immigrants themselves. Can't blame them.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Not suggesting this immigration is any good for most people already living here. I'm an immigrant myself and even I can see that it has absolutely no benefit what so ever for anybody who isn't rich. But money talks so here we are. And fair play to the immigrants themselves. Can't blame them.

Wanting to see the end of mass net migration does not mean being against migrants. Zero net migration is still 300,000 immigrants a year. Ending mass net migration is about keeping Britain as the sort of place where people would want to live and where people can survive.

It makes me depressed that many migrants seem to have no affection for the British countryside, wildlife and landscape. Get out more, take a look at this beautiful country and help to stop the corporates and rich from wrecking it.

The non-numerate do not understand the shear scale of UK migration. These immigration figures are totally epic. A similar number of people moved to the whole of North America every year during the late nineteenth century rush. But the UK is a tiny island compared with the continental N America.

There can be no doubt that if this migration rate continues for 20 years the country will have about 80m+ people (migrants have large families and children of migrants have large families). It will be overcrowded, it will have lost any areas of beauty that are not parks and will be in serious danger of mass starvation if global warming increases by more than 1 degree extra.
Original post by N1ggers0ut
Europe needs purification...

Obvious agent provocateur or needs help.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The immigrants are coming because they recognise a Britain that is open for business, a Britain that is paying it's way, has turned away from debt and towards living within its means. They are coming for a Britain that is moving away from being a low pay, high tax and high welfare economy, to a high pay, low tax and low welfare economy.

It is thanks to making the tough decisions from 2010 onwards that we are the fastest growing developed country, have record levels of employment and have sent a strong message around the world that Britain is the best place to be.

Lol, and you are a Tory employee? Can you please post something that sounds like a live human and not a marketing pitch? This is exactly what is wrong with politics, no humans. And if you think we are not still in massive debt you are in cloud cuckoo land.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The immigrants are coming because they recognise a Britain that is open for business, a Britain that is paying it's way, has turned away from debt and towards living within its means. .

Two points, firstly 300,000 immigrants a year is plenty and allows the countryside and environment to be saved. Secondly, the economic growth that you trumpet so loudly is growth for migrants, not for the citizens of this country. The per capita income of British people is hardly growing because GDP is just being spread amongst migrants and citizens:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending