The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Howard
I go to Poland all the time. It's highly developed; it makes the UK look backwards in my opinion. Better education system, better healthcare, trains that run on time, low crime rates, streets you could eat your food off. Very advanced economically and socially - a highly sophisticated country.

Is it still dirt cheap to do stuff over there too?

A friend of mine went over there... last year, I think? Anyway, he said that a bottle of water cost the equivalent of 19p, and the prices for pretty much everything else follow the same trend as far as comparing the prices in the UK vs Poland go (that he noticed)
Original post by Blackstarr
They left to make money and mayne return back home to establish their business.

they send the money they earn here to over there strengthening there economy an weakening ours simple .
Original post by mstone12
they send the money they earn here to over there strengthening there economy an weakening ours simple .

This maybe the case but not all of them do that. Some want to stay in the UK for ever.
Reply 23
All I know is my Polish plumbers mother is getting a pension yet still works as a prostitute 4 nights a week to make ends meet.

At least that's what he told me the last time I disputed his bill.
Original post by Blackstarr
This maybe the case but not all of them do that. Some want to stay in the UK for ever.

i know two people like that
Original post by mstone12
i know two people like that

Cool.
isnt Poland supported by the British benefits system?
Original post by moggis
All I know is my Polish plumbers mother is getting a pension yet still works as a prostitute 4 nights a week to make ends meet.

At least that's what he told me the last time I disputed his bill.

That's an easy one... Be more creative pls
Not everyone as we never done it before and I live in here since I was 11, but I understand people who do that simply because I can still remember the conditions I had to live in when I was little. Some people are forced to do it as they don't see any other way of helping their families. I know it's bad and people may not like it but nobody wants to live in poverty.
Getting back to your question, education system is a lot more challenging in Poland, the stuff I was doing for example in year 10, I already done in Poland when I was about 10 years old (Maths for example). The good thing is you don't have to pay for uni.

I think healthcare is a lot better in Poland. In here, it's so difficult for me to make an appointment and to be treated (But it's sooo good that I get my prescriptions for free in here because I'm still a student and that doesn't happen in Poland). I have health problems at the moment, massive headaches every single day, being EXTREMELY tired, I sleep for at least 10 hours and then I sleep during a day as well and I'm so tired I can even fall asleep on a chair, I can't concentrate etc. My GP told me to drink energy drinks and watch tv when I get stressed. How's that meant to solve my problems..anyways that would never happen in Poland. I don't want to be mean as I love England but I'd rather go Poland and pay for being treated than just see my GP here. Also, dentist is cheap and most of the time you don't even have to pay (only if you go privately). However, dentists in the UK are a lot better for me.

Poland is famous for buses and trains being extremely late! You're lucky if you didn't experience that yet! Lol

I'm not too sure about the crime rates, Polish chavs are pretty dangerous but I didn't experience anything bad as I used to live in a small village but since I live in England I'm scared to go out when it's dark, but it's probably because of the area I live in.

Polish food is great but I hate this because I always gain so much weight over there Lol

Everything only seems to be cheap for you because you probably earn in pounds. However, Polish wages tend to be pretty small so for the majority of people, everything's pretty expensive.
omg i read that as Poundland :redface:
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Growing should be a constant process, but the West has done a good job of stagnating recently

Less "stagnating", more "going backwards" :lol:
Reply 32
Polish women though, ooft.
Original post by SmashReligion
No it is not it is an Eastern European country and is recognized a developing country

What do you even mean by that? Just because it's Eastern European ?
Original post by kamilamark
What do you even mean by that? Just because it's Eastern European ?

He probably means that it is classed as a middle income nation albeit it is has a very bright future in my opinion.
Poland will always be 3rd world, even if it was richer than everyone else.

Latest

Trending

Trending