The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Parking

As a student of Swansea university studying business management, I have been massively inconveinienced by the New Bay campus. Which is situated in an extremely inconvenient location for the majority of students. To make matters worse they insist on not allowing student parking on premises. Forcing students to use park and ride or catch an expensive bus to get to the university. As a paying student the bus service should be free or at least significantly cheaper. As of late there has been a road available within walking distance of the bay campus where students can park for free. However Swansea uni have sent this email:
"It has been brought to the University’s attention that a number of people are parking cars along the site access roadway off Baldwin’s Bridge to the west of the Bay Campus. This is the access route to a live construction site and such activity poses a major safety risk to all users. From today, restrictions will be enforced along this roadway and we kindly ask that all staff and students refrain from parking in this area. Thank you Estates and Facilities Management"The area which they are discussing is not a safety risk I have parked there many times and watched lorries drive through there with ease. There are no double yellow lines there so parking is legal and Swansea university have no right to impose restrictions. Swansea university has been bullying it's driving students into submission and made travel too and from the bay campus inconvenient and expensive and these matters need to be addressed. It's time the students had their opinion heard and parking be supplied to its students on the bay campus.
Reply 1
Couldn't agree more can't really afford to buy a bus pass so driving is my only way to get to the bay campus
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest