The Student Room Group

An unbearable crush

So, I will provide the context then cut to the chase:
I am an international, yellow by skin, but my first language is english. I am introverted, but comfortable with who I am. The girl is a local girl, really quiet, and not that sociable from what I can observe during lessons.

So, I have been eyeing her ever since week 1, and the crush is just unbearable right now. Problem is, both of us are so reserved. I have tried giving the signs first - eye contact, body position while sitting, etc. The reason why I am apprehensive about initiating contact is that I am an international, and I respect the social lines where ethnicity is concerned. I know it is.a PC world, and I should not even mention such things; but let's face it, when was the last time you saw a yellow boy and a white girl together.
Even discounting that, from a personality point of view, I just do not dare approach.

Once, the class had to discuss in groups, and i observed her interactions with her group: not much smiling, not much communication. So, this is making me worried that if I approach her, and the reception is bad, it would be worse than with a sociable girl who would probably still smile, laugh and try to be polite in showing "rejection".

What shall I do? It is unbearable!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international, yellow by skin, but my first language is english. I am introverted, but comfortable with who I am. The girl is a local girl, really quiet, and not that sociable from what I can observe during lessons.

So, I have been eyeing her ever since week 1, and the crush is just unbearable right now. Problem is, both of us are so reserved. I have tried giving the signs first - eye contact, body position while sitting, etc. The reason why I am apprehensive about initiating contact is that I am an international, and I respect the social lines where ethnicity is concerned. I know it is.a PC world, and I should not even mention such things; but let's face it, when was the last time you saw a yellow boy and a white girl together.
Even discounting that, from a personality point of view, I just do not dare approach.

Once, the class had to discuss in groups, and i observed her interactions with her group: not much smiling, not much communication. So, this is making me worried that if I approach her, and the reception is bad, it would be worse than with a sociable girl who would probably still smile, laugh and try to be polite in showing "rejection".

Spike your hair up and walk upto her saying 'I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?'

All the time? Sure, it's not quite as common as same-ethnicity relationships, but that's more because people tend to know more people with their own ethnicity than people with different ethnicities..

And dude, stop freaking staring at her! She'll notice soon, if she hasn't already. Just talk to her, like a person talks to another person.
Reply 3
Original post by Tootles
Spike your hair up and walk upto her saying 'I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?'

I actually had to read your reply a few times but I finally got it. Thpught ypu referenced Bart Simpson randomly. I am fine in appearance (I do not have the typical yellow look) but I mean, an english girl would be thinking why would she want to have anything to do with a guy who will disappear for 3 months in the summer, then disappear forever after 3 years? Know what I mean? Seeing how both of us are so quiet, and seemingly serious people (whatever that means), it would be obvious from the start that it is not fun and games that either of us are after.

How?! It is unbearable! I spent the whole lesson thinking of an opening line when I finally dare to approach.
I actually had to read your reply a few times but I finally got it. Thpught ypu referenced Bart Simpson randomly. I am fine in appearance (I do not have the typical yellow look) but I mean, an english girl would be thinking why would she want to have anything to do with a guy who will disappear for 3 months in the summer, then disappear forever after 3 years? Know what I mean? Seeing how both of us are so quiet, and seemingly serious people (whatever that means), it would be obvious from the start that it is not fun and games that either of us are after.

How?! It is unbearable! I spent the whole lesson thinking of an opening line when I finally dare to approach.

How do you speak to your friends? Just do the same with her.

Failing that, if you really want a line, ask her what a complex English word means. She'll look smart and compassionate for helping you out, and you'll have opened a dialogue. Bada-bing, bada-boosh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending