The Student Room Group

Which University should I apply to?

Hello, I am interested in doing a Computer Science course at University once I finish sixth form at my current school, yet I am unsure on what my final choice should be.

I am stuck between the choice of 'The University of Birmingham' and 'Royal Holloway London'. I am predicted the grades BBC (even though I'm sure I will get better grades than that) and Birmingham requires AAA whereas Royal Holloway requires ABB. [My other choices include Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, City University London and Kingston University]

I am thinking of applying to Royal Holloway as that one seems more achievable and it is also closer to my home (even though I do not plan to stay at home while studying), yet The University of Birmingham is said to be a better university when it comes to Computer Science.

Which one should I choose?

Thanks for any answers in advance
Original post by RSharma98
Hello, I am interested in doing a Computer Science course at University once I finish sixth form at my current school, yet I am unsure on what my final choice should be.

I am stuck between the choice of 'The University of Birmingham' and 'Royal Holloway London'. I am predicted the grades BBC (even though I'm sure I will get better grades than that) and Birmingham requires AAA whereas Royal Holloway requires ABB. [My other choices include Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, City University London and Kingston University]

I am thinking of applying to Royal Holloway as that one seems more achievable and it is also closer to my home (even though I do not plan to stay at home while studying), yet The University of Birmingham is said to be a better university when it comes to Computer Science.

Which one should I choose?

Thanks for any answers in advance

As both require grades significantly above what you have been predicted, both are risky. However, if you don't get offers from them but are correct that you will achieve better than BBC, don't forget that you can apply through Adjustment to 'better' unis if you exceed your firm offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending