The Student Room Group

Getting an Offer For Something I Didn't Apply For

The title is fairly self explanatory - I applied for Management at Lancaster but they have given me an offer for business studies.
I've never heard of this happening before, and I didn't even know that universities *could* do this? I'm even more surprised considering that I've never even studied business studies..?
Has this happened to anyone else, or do people have any idea as to why they'd do this?
Maybe you don't have the grades for the Management course, so they offered you the next best with the grades you've been predicted. Instead of asking on here, just email them and ask them. You're more likely to get the definite answer that way...
Reply 2
I'm predicted AAA and management requires AAA so I don't think there's an issue there - I'll ask about it at school tomorrow and if no one has heard anything about it I'll email then. I didn't want to waste their time if it was a normal thing to happen?
Original post by rwilson1825
I'm predicted AAA and management requires AAA so I don't think there's an issue there - I'll ask about it at school tomorrow and if no one has heard anything about it I'll email then. I didn't want to waste their time if it was a normal thing to happen?

Sometimes university offer people alternative courses that are in a similar subject to the original one for various reasons, so its not incredibly unusual i suppose
They might be renaming their management degrees to business.

Ask them. (Don't waste time asking your school - they won't know why Lancaster have done this)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending