The Student Room Group

What does AAB-BBB Typical offer AAB mean?

Everyone's saying different things. Suppose i get BBB as my final AS grades would i be accepted? Thank you
Original post by Yousf
Everyone's saying different things. Suppose i get BBB as my final AS grades would i be accepted? Thank you

If they have a range, the lower one could be for people who have ec's or who have more preferred subjects so assume that they want the higher one.
Original post by Yousf

Btw this is for brunel, and I don't get why brunel want AAB when they are just about ranked in the top 50...
Original post by claireestelle
If they have a range, the lower one could be for people who have ec's or who have more preferred subjects so assume that they want the higher one.

Btw this is for brunel, and I don't get why brunel want AAB when they are just about ranked in the top 50...
Original post by jakei1234

The grades could be the lowest they believe someone could cope studying the course with
(I do a degree subject where league tables have no relevance so i cant really understand all the fuss over them so cant be any help on that really)
Reply 5
At the current rate of grade-inflation, it probably means you've been reading Thames Valley's 2018 prospectus.
Reply 6
Original post by Profesh
At the current rate of grade-inflation, it probably means you've been reading Thames Valley's 2018 prospectus.

i don't get it?
Reply 7
Original post by Yousf

Sometimes the average performance of your school is taken into account; universities sometimes offer a lower contextual offer if your school is in the bottom 40% or so performing schools, which is typically measured by A-level results across the board. Otherwise, they will expect you to have the higher end of the spectrum, unless there are other extenuating circumstances.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Yousf
i don't get it?

I'm as unsurprised as you aren't.
Reply 9
Original post by Profesh
I'm as unsurprised as you aren't.

lol m8 what you on about roll thafe n dat

Quick Reply

Latest