The Student Room Group

can i resit a gcse core science at an exam centre as a private candate

i got a C last year in year 10 which I was ok with at first, but now I have seen courses at my school for the sixth form which require B's so I need to boost my grade up by 1. So would I be able to enter as a private candidate and resit the exam or units.

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by adam_james28
i got a C last year in year 10 which I was ok with at first, but now I have seen courses at my school for the sixth form which require B's so I need to boost my grade up by 1. So would I be able to enter as a private candidate and resit the exam or units.

It is allowable but, depending on the exam board, it may clash with your Additional Science exams which means you would need to take both at the same centre. By far the simplest solution is to re-sit your Science at your current school. Ask them.
Original post by Compost
It is allowable but, depending on the exam board, it may clash with your Additional Science exams which means you would need to take both at the same centre. By far the simplest solution is to re-sit your Science at your current school. Ask them.

ok just the make it simpler

exam board: ocr
school doing resits:no
science core and additional exams are on different dates

core 25.5.16 and 10.6.15
add 15.6.16 and 17.5.15

but my school said if i book it through the exam centre i can do the exams at my school when the others do it, and my coursework can be resubmitted.

thats all the info i have for the min
Original post by Compost

thanks for the advice though
Reply 4
I think I've tried to answer your post before but I can't make sense of what you think your school has told you.
exam board: ocr.

Good. It's AQA where they generally clash.

school doing resits:nobut my school said if i book it through the exam centre i can do the exams at my school when the others do it, and my coursework can be resubmitted.

I don't understand the difference between your school and 'the exam centre' . If you are paying 'the exam centre' but then re-sitting the controlled assessment at your school and taking the exams at your school then the exam centre IS your school. However, you won't be a private candidate as it is not possible to be a private candidate at your own school. Still, I don't see a problem with you re-sitting Science.

Quick Reply

Latest