The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering applicants 2016

Just thought I'd start a thread for mechanical engineering 😊
I'm from Northern Ireland and applying to QUB, Newcastle, LJMU and Herriot-watt. Where's everyone else applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied about a week ago for Mechanical Engineering at Leeds, Southampton, Bristol, Loughborough and Birmingham and I'm waiting for offers. I have completed A-level Maths with A* and I am currently studying Physics and Further Maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Sonam B
I applied about a week ago for Mechanical Engineering at Leeds, Southampton, Bristol, Loughborough and Birmingham and I'm waiting for offers. I have completed A-level Maths with A* and I am currently studying Physics and Further Maths.

I've so far got two conditional offers which are my firm and insurance choices so I'm not too worried about the rest! Well done in maths 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm applying for Mech Eng - Edinburgh, loughborough, Lancaster, Bath and Warwick. I have offers from everywhere except bath at the moment but I really like loughborough
me a levels are Maths, Further Maths and Physics, applying for Mechanical Engineering in Swansea (insurance), Liverpool, Surrey, Lancaster and Heriot Watt
Reply 5
Original post by kieran12321LFC
me a levels are Maths, Further Maths and Physics, applying for Mechanical Engineering in Swansea (insurance), Liverpool, Surrey, Lancaster and Heriot Watt

Heyy, Have you had any offers yet?
Original post by hola!!
Heyy, Have you had any offers yet?

Not sent it off yet but I am in a couple of days, they're what me choices are tho
Reply 7
Not sent it off yet but I am in a couple of days, they're what me choices are tho

That's cool, good look with your application !
Original post by hola!!
That's cool, good look with your application !

Thanks man :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks man :smile:

Not a man! Haha :P
Original post by hola!!
Not a man! Haha :P

Oh, sorry :colondollar:
Reply 11
Coventry uni vs hull uni for mechanical engineering, which is better?
Coventry ranks above Hull according to this: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mechanical+Engineering

HOWEVER, it may not be better for YOU - visit both, and decide.

A
i have applied to for Mechanical/ aerospace
-Loughborough
-Liverpool
-Leeds
-Nottingham
-MMU

no offers yet, T-T
Reply 14
mechaincal engineering or mechanical engineering with management?
Original post by hussey96
mechaincal engineering or mechanical engineering with management?

im doing just mechanical engineering mate,
Reply 16
Original post by fei345
im doing just mechanical engineering mate,

i am asking which course should one pursue as i have heard that soft core skill are require in engineering jobs, and also mechanical engineering in UCL or Manchester?
Original post by hussey96
i am asking which course should one pursue as i have heard that soft core skill are require in engineering jobs, and also mechanical engineering in UCL or Manchester?

if you have looked at student satisfaction of UCL, it should give you a sign that you should apply there! there has been a thread saying that the professors do not offer help to students. because of the low student satisfaction, the grade requirement are much lower than the ones for a different engineering course which UCL offers like Civil engineering. However, i cant really advise on any universities, but Manchester is an extremely good one, it is also a city type of uni. so if you prefer a city type uni over a campus, manchester is good for that.
Hey everyone! I have offers from Bath, Warwick, Durham and Imperial. Mechanical Engineering from Imperial and Bath whilst General Engineering for Durham and Warwick. I'm pretty sure I'll firm Imperial but what would you recommend as my insurance? Either Mech Eng from Bath or General Eng from Durham...
Reply 19
Original post by highschool
Hey everyone! I have offers from Bath, Warwick, Durham and Imperial. Mechanical Engineering from Imperial and Bath whilst General Engineering for Durham and Warwick. I'm pretty sure I'll firm Imperial but what would you recommend as my insurance? Either Mech Eng from Bath or General Eng from Durham...

Do you want to start general or Mech? (Although mech is fairly general anyway)

Have you visited the universities?

Why did you shortlist these unis in the first place?

Are the offers similar / achievable...?

Ultimately it's your decision... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest