The Student Room Group

How can I make myself attractive?

Hi,

I wasn't really blessed in the looks department, I would say I'm below average. And I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone, I genuinely want to do something to improve my appearance.

I just wanted to know what I could do to make my self more pretty like the other girls. I know they wear makeup - but I don't know what to buy and how to put it on😕

Also I can't post a picture because someone might know me.
Simple things. Change style, experiment with diff clothes and see wot looks best on u and suits ur body shape - accentuating curves etc.

Make-up, look on youtube and they have simple tutorials u can follow. Go to the hairdressers, ask them wot haircut frames ur face best.

These things will cost u money so don't rely on them too much. I will tell u wot I tell everyone, u need to feel bootiful inside and that will shine thru and reflect on the outside. Boost ur self-esteem, be more confident. Smile more.

Be-you-tiful :-)
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Simple things. Change style, experiment with diff clothes and see wot looks best on u and suits ur body shape - accentuating curves etc.

Make-up, look on youtube and they have simple tutorials u can follow. Go to the hairdressers, ask them wot haircut frames ur face best.

These things will cost u money so don't rely on them too much. I will tell u wot I tell everyone, u need to feel bootiful inside and that will shine thru and reflect on the outside. Boost ur self-esteem, be more confident. Smile more.

Be-you-tiful :-)

this tbh

Confidence is one of the most attractive traits. Play around with your style and look etc until you're happy with what you see.
Reply 3
Depends what specifically you are unhappy with.

If it's your body, at least it is possible to change that, for free and without surgery!

If it is facial features, it can be harder to come to terms with as there is only so much you can do.

Can you give any more info?
Thank you so much.

I guess you're right, it takes effort to look good.
Original post by Smonnie
Depends what specifically you are unhappy with.

If it's your body, at least it is possible to change that, for free and without surgery!

If it is facial features, it can be harder to come to terms with as there is only so much you can do.

Can you give any more info?

Im quite petite I'm 5"1, shorter than the majority of the girls at university. In lectures I feel like a kid as everyone towers over me. I'm skinny as well, like Natalie Portman - but obviously not as beautiful as her😣

It's hard to ignore and feel good about myself when I am literally small for 19 year old.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pride&Prejudice
Im quite petite I'm 5"1, shorter than the majority of the girls at university. In lectures I feel like a kid as everyone towers over me.

It's hard to ignore and feel good about myself when I am literally small for 19 year old.

You can't change that - but that's not abnormally small, it's just petite.

Whilst you shouldn't base your self-worth upon what other people think, a lot of people - myself included - like petite girls.
Original post by Smonnie
You can't change that - but that's not abnormally small, it's just petite.

Whilst you shouldn't base your self-worth upon what other people think, a lot of people - myself included - like petite girls.

I know what you mean about self worth, but I do wish I was a little taller.

And the second part - your only just saying that, you don't know what I look like.
Reply 8
I know what you mean about self worth, but I do wish I was a little taller.

And the second part - your only just saying that, you don't know what I look like.

You are right about me not knowing what you look like, and that was a generalisation.

My gf is the same height as you though!
Reply 9
I find that hair can make a huge difference, just the right shampoo can do alot! I personally love the John Freida volume shampoo. Look up some easy hair tutorials on youtube, they're awesome!

In terms of makeup, Nars Sheer Glow gives awesome coverage if you have redness/spots. Foundation is pretty easy to apply if you have a brush, but again, there are loads of fab youtube tutorials if you need them.

Remember basic things like perfume, brushing your teeth, moisturizing your face etc.

Good luck!
hmm, well you try little things like teeth whitening (good deals from groupon), get a hairstyle that suits you, dye your hair, extensions, go on youtube to see how to do make up, work on your figure and getting your skin complexion looking nice
Hi,

I wasn't really blessed in the looks department, I would say I'm below average. And I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone, I genuinely want to do something to improve my appearance.

I just wanted to know what I could do to make my self more pretty like the other girls. I know they wear makeup - but I don't know what to buy and how to put it on😕

Also I can't post a picture because someone might know me.

There are numerous ways you can help yourself out.

Get fit and healthy - this makes a huge difference to the attractiveness of your body. Get a flattering haircut. Make good choices in clothes.

And there are plenty of other elements to attractiveness other than your looks. The way you talk, your body language, the facial expressions you pull, your ability to hold a conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest