The Student Room Group

why am i so scared of sex?

i'm a 19 y/o female and the thought of sex really stresses me out. I would like to have sex one day with someone i'm really into and be 100% comfortable but i feel like this is never gonna happen. nothing traumatic has happened to me to put me off sex so i don't understand why it freaks me out so much, just everything about it stresses me out like the pressure to have it and the fact everyone around me is doing it. any idea why i'm scared?
i agree with you
It's probably because sex is an unknown, you don't know what it's like so you fear it. Furthermore sex is such an intimate thing and you probably feel insecure about making yourself that vulnerable in front of someone else.
^^ that's how i felt anyway. It helps if you can make yourself feel secure in your own body, and be happy with yourself, then you won't feel so insecure about revealing yourself to someone else :smile:
Reply 3
Maybe when you meet someone that you really like and that you trust, you will feel more comfortable having sex. It's normal to be nervous and there is no pressure to have sex. You don't have to do it until you are ready - don't worry about everyone else just concentrate on yourself and what is right for yourself.
relax and take it in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending