The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Visit days - do parents come?

I've got an invitation to a visit day for Cellular and Molecular Medicine at Bristol in December, but I'm not sure whether it's the norm for parents to go or for offer holders to go alone because there's a one-on-one chat and stuff. At open days most people bring their parents but this is more specific so I'm unsure.

So is anybody who's going to a visit day at Bristol (or anywhere) planning on going alone or bringing a parent/parents? Thanks!
Reply 1
Yep, it's totally normal.

They put on separate things for you and your parents (if it's anything like the one I went to this week).
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
However, if you have already been to an Open Day with them, this could be when you do it on your own - ie. they won't be coming to Uni with you in September so is this the moment to get used to being more independent/adult...?
I didn't let my parents come to any of my pre/post offer days.

I figured it was my decision which University I went to and no business of my parents. Although like it's already been said most people do bring their parents along.

I guess there's advantages to both really, but it could be good to do one on your own if you've brought your parents along before.

Quick Reply

Latest