The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I have applied marine biology but haven't recieved an offer yet. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the city? When I went to visit I didn't get the impression that it is a particularly good place for students in terms of nights out ect. Did anyone else get this impression?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
I have applied for Hispanic Studies and French but I think Aberdeen is my last choice.
Original post by ChrissyH
I have applied for Hispanic Studies and French but I think Aberdeen is my last choice.

What other universities have you applied to? Aberdeen is my second.
Reply 4
Original post by ABalogun
What other universities have you applied to? Aberdeen is my second.

I applied for European Studies with European Languages and Culture/English and French at Dundee and French and Spanish/English and French at St Andrews.
I have recived an offer today for Petroleum Geology
Reply 6
I just got an unconditional offer to do Biochemistry :smile: but it's my back up
Original post by homholz
I just got an unconditional offer to do Biochemistry :smile: but it's my back up

Congratulations! How long did it take for you to get your reply?
Reply 8
Congratulations! How long did it take for you to get your reply?

I got it back within 2 weeks of applying :smile:
To any applicants: I'm a third year student at aberdeen uni and I'm happy to answer any questions you have :smile:. My exams start on Monday so I can't promise super quick replies, but I'll try my best to answer any questions you might have :smile:.
Original post by GoingToBurst
To any applicants: I'm a third year student at aberdeen uni and I'm happy to answer any questions you have :smile:. My exams start on Monday so I can't promise super quick replies, but I'll try my best to answer any questions you might have :smile:.

Hi, how close is the university to the city centre?
Hi, how close is the university to the city centre?

The campus itself is approx. a 15-20 minute walk from the city centre. Some of the halls are a little further out, maybe an additional 10/15 mins walking (I didn't live in halls so I'm not sure exactly, I think it's about 10 mins though). There are buses straight from campus that take about 5/10 mins to the city centre depending on traffic :smile:. The buses are pretty regular too, in fact they are the most regular of any bus service in Aberdeen city, so it's not too bad.
I got an unconditional last week to study Economics and Philosophy :biggrin:
Reply 13
I have 4 offers and I'm waiting only on Aberdeen. I applied over a month ago.
Original post by Ozzin

i have been waiting for almost a month too. I have only received one offer. Where else have you applied?
Reply 15
i have been waiting for almost a month too. I have only received one offer. Where else have you applied?

Royal Holloway, Brunel, York and Bath Spa.
Original post by R__Elliott
I got an unconditional last week to study Economics and Philosophy :biggrin:

Well done! I took studied economics in my first year so if you have any questions then feel free to ask away :smile:

Original post by Ozzin

Aberdeen are notorious for being one of the last to make offers for some courses, so don't worry too much!
Reply 17
@GoingToBurst What did you think of the economics course at Aberdeen, and what did you pick in 1st year?

I have applied for Business Management and Economics, just waiting on my school attaching my reference now :smile:
Original post by EuanA29
@GoingToBurst What did you think of the economics course at Aberdeen, and what did you pick in 1st year?

I have applied for Business Management and Economics, just waiting on my school attaching my reference now :smile:

I loved economics in first year! I found it really interesting and the economics staff are excellent. It also provided a really good basis for my classes throughout the next few years.

My degree is accounting and finance, so in first year I did economics, accounting, finance and management in semester one and then economics, accounting, management and statistics in semester 2. I hated both of the the management classes, but again, they've been useful so I'm not too bitter about them anymore haha!

Good luck with your application! 😊
Original post by ChrissyH

Got an unconditional today.

Latest