The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellenvt97
I received an unconditional for English and Creative writing and firmed today, anyone else on the same course? Or knows if there's a facebook group? :smile: X

I've firmed an unconditional offer for English with Creative writing as well! I haven't been able to find a facebook group either, but hopefully it will show up soon ;-)
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by hallowzeve
Hi! I am from the US (Texas). I am trying to decide which university I want to go to. I recently got an offer from Aberdeen. Can anyone tell me about the international relations program in Aberdeen? Is it a good program?What is the university like? Is it LGBT friendly?Thanks!:smile:

Hi what are you applying to study?
Original post by carolinelww
I've firmed an unconditional offer for English with Creative writing as well! I haven't been able to find a facebook group either, but hopefully it will show up soon ;-)

Yeah, I hope so. Guess I'll be seeing you in September? :smile:
Reply 383
Hi! I've firmed an unconditional offer for Business Management :smile:
Yeah, I hope so. Guess I'll be seeing you in September? :smile:

Yeah, I'm sure we will :-) You're an EU student as well, right?
Anyone studying biotechnology in September?
Original post by carolinelww
Yeah, I'm sure we will :-) You're an EU student as well, right?

Yep, from Germany :smile: You?
Yep, from Germany :smile: You?

Danish :-)
Hi! I'll be studying conservation biology, does anyone else have something biology related?
Hi! I'm going to study economics and I just wonder if there is anyone else who decided for the course as well. Btw, I'm an EU-student from Poland. I would be grateful, if anyone could tell me something about the course at this university. Thanks in advance anyway :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pawel21
Hi! I'm going to study economics and I just wonder if there is anyone else who decided for the course as well. Btw, I'm an EU-student from Poland. I would be grateful, if anyone could tell me something about the course at this university. Thanks in advance anyway :smile:

I'm going into 1st year economics 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R__Elliott
I'm going into 1st year economics 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Have you heard anything about the course or lecturers?
Original post by Pawel21
Great! Have you heard anything about the course or lecturers?

In first year, you will have eight classes, but only two of them will be economics based. You will sit microeconomics in semester 1 (great lecturers!) and macroeconomics in semester 2 (alright lecturers, not the best, not the worst). All of the economics lecturers are more than happy to have you email them with questions or go to their office. USE THIS TIME. They are there to help you and can always explain things better one on one than they can in the lectures.

I recommend taking the other business school classes, particularly finance as it goes hand in hand with economics in later years. Also, if you take the other business school classes then you can opt to change your degree to joint honours after first year, instead of single honours economics. Always good to have the option.
Original post by GoingToBurst
In first year, you will have eight classes, but only two of them will be economics based. You will sit microeconomics in semester 1 (great lecturers!) and macroeconomics in semester 2 (alright lecturers, not the best, not the worst). All of the economics lecturers are more than happy to have you email them with questions or go to their office. USE THIS TIME. They are there to help you and can always explain things better one on one than they can in the lectures.

I recommend taking the other business school classes, particularly finance as it goes hand in hand with economics in later years. Also, if you take the other business school classes then you can opt to change your degree to joint honours after first year, instead of single honours economics. Always good to have the option.

Thanks a lot for your hints! :smile:
For those of you who are coming to Aberdeen this September and haven't already seen this yet

Following today’s announcement that the UK has voted to leave the European Union, I realise that if you are from the European Union you may have some concerns in regard to your position and tuition fee status at the University.

I want to reassure you that current EU applicants will continue to qualify for funding to cover the costs of their tuition and, should the government decide to change this commitment in the future, the University will cover the cost of their tuition to allow them to complete their degree. Each student is already a valued member of the University of Aberdeen family. We are committed to taking care of all students and delivering the world class student experience that all will receive at Aberdeen.

Professor Sir Ian Diamond
Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen

I am proud to be a student of the University of Aberdeen today, despite being ashamed to be British.
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=Auremaria;65957580]Hi! I'll be studying conservation biology, does anyone else have something biology related?

I'm doing Biotechnologyif that counts?
Reply 396
EU student here. I've paid my deposit for accommodation and I got a confirmation letter for SAAS saying they will fund my education. What do I do now? 🙈
Reply 397
Original post by Vysta
EU student here. I've paid my deposit for accommodation and I got a confirmation letter for SAAS saying they will fund my education. What do I do now? 🙈

How long did it take hear back from SAAS? I guess now you have to wait.
Reply 398
Original post by Lisa0907
Hi,

I got a conditional offer for Chemistry three weeks ago. Is there anyone else who wants to study Chemistry at the University of Aberdeen? :smile:

wooooo finally i found someone :biggrin: haha yes i do :smile:))
Reply 399
Original post by mazzu
How long did it take hear back from SAAS? I guess now you have to wait.

roughly 2 weeks. Yeah, kinda stressed because I need to present my papers of my "student status" to my Military Mobilisation Office by July so that I can leave to study in September. :/

Latest

Trending

Trending