The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Does invite to an applicant day means I have a chance of getting an offer?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Holllyberry
Aberdeen is a very good university. I've lived near Aberdeen my whole life though and really hope to go somewhere different : D

Which are your choices? :-)
I'm just a bit worried it's miles away from anywhere and there might not be much going on!
I have an offer from Petroleum Engineering , I am from England(;

Just wandering what Aberdeen is like? If anyone knows what the course is like and whether there is a strong link with the industry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emerlini
Which are your choices? :-)

I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews. I'd be really happy to go to any of those unis but havent heard back from any of them yet. How about you? :smile:
Original post by Modernthinker
I have an offer from Petroleum Engineering , I am from England(;

Just wandering what Aberdeen is like? If anyone knows what the course is like and whether there is a strong link with the industry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is small enough to ensure a sense of community, large enough to have plenty to do. It is colder up here so warm sweaters. There are some beautiful beaches in the vicinity and close enough to Royal Deeside and Cairngorms for those who enjoy challenging outdoor activities. Petroleum Engineering has very close links to the industry. It isn't a coincidence that Aberdeen Uni is one of the foremost universities for this subject. Good luck with your course. I don't think you will regret firming Aberdeen. Just remember the warm clothes!
Has anyone firmed Aberdeen yet?
Reply 67
I got a conditional from Aberdeen around 6 days after applying (English) Definitely worth visiting the uni too :smile:
I haven't seen translation in Aberdeen, what languages you've chosen? I applied for German and Hispanic studies, still nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Holllyberry
I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews. I'd be really happy to go to any of those unis but havent heard back from any of them yet. How about you? :smile:

I got a conditional offer from Aberdeen, Bristol and KCL, still waiting for Edinburgh and Dundee though. My first choiche is Edinburgh, otherwise I'd go for Aberdeen since I wouldn't pay fees (I'm an international student) :-)
Reply 70
I've received a coditional offer from Aberdeen yesterday :smile: I'm applying for microbiology
Hi! I applied for Law with English Law, and Aberdeen is probably my first choice right now! Super excited to go and visit the University in March!!! Also, I got a conditional offer from them in November.
hey guys, i'm currently a gap year student who holds a firm place to study petroleum geology at the UoA. Just wondering if anyone who lives in aberdeen or whom is at the university can advise me on the night life. Do famous music acts ever come to aberdeen or is it too far for them to come. Also what is the music scene like, are there any raves/ heavy clubs because thats the sorta stuff im into lol
Would really appreciate if anyone could get back to me with some help :smile:
Original post by reallytrulee
Hi! I applied for Law with English Law, and Aberdeen is probably my first choice right now! Super excited to go and visit the University in March!!! Also, I got a conditional offer from them in November.

You received a conditional offer for Law?
Original post by danisyourman
You received a conditional offer for Law?

Yes.
Yes.

What grades do you have to obtain?
According to the stats 66% of undergraduates at Aberdeen are international students. Is this a good or bad thing? While these figures suggest Aberdeen is not guilty of parochialism, does this bode ill for many potential home students?
Original post by danisyourman
What grades do you have to obtain?

A 3.3 GPA at High School Graduation. Also, it's based on my SAT scores that I already have, and my SAT subject scores, and AP test scores.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
What Law applicant day are people going too? :smile:
Got an unconditional for Law with English Law.
A 3.3 GPA at High School Graduation. Also, it's based on my SAT scores that I already have, and my SAT subject scores, and AP test scores.

So I take it you study in the U.S?

Latest

Trending

Trending