The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ed2015
What Law applicant day are people going too? :smile:
Got an unconditional for Law with English Law.

Same and probably March 18th
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by fishfingerss
I have recived an offer today for Petroleum Geology

Me too, just found this forum :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by danisyourman

Cool might see you there then. :smile:
Original post by Modernthinker
I have an offer from Petroleum Engineering , I am from England(;

Just wandering what Aberdeen is like? If anyone knows what the course is like and whether there is a strong link with the industry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't tell you what the course is like. But I have been to the open day and the campus is lovely. I attended the petroleum geology talk and have since applied and received an offer for that same course. The industry links are great and it is a key aspect in many geologists and engineers decision to study here. I advise that you contact departments in other uni's you have applied to and ask about their industry connections and do a bit of comparison :smile:
So I take it you study in the U.S?

Yes, I study in the US but I'm originally German, but am finishing high school over here.
Original post by Ed2015
Cool might see you there then. :smile:

Do you know if many people are attending?
Original post by reallytrulee
Yes, I study in the US but I'm originally German, but am finishing high school over here.

Oh right. Have you been to Aberdeen before?
Oh right. Have you been to Aberdeen before?

No, I haven't, but I really liked the university and the programs from what I saw on the Internet, and I hear the climate is similar to the climate of my hometown in Germany. I also like that I can do Scots and English law there, where in Edinburgh I could only study scots law.

I'm visiting the university the weekend before that. March 11-13. I'm flying to Germany on the 15. It's too bad. I really would have liked to go to a law applicant day.
I'm visiting the university the weekend before that. March 11-13. I'm flying to Germany on the 15. It's too bad. I really would have liked to go to a law applicant day.

Have you received an offer from Edinburgh? I'm waiting for them to reply
Reply 90
Do you know if many people are attending?

Yeah but I think the 11th may be the better one, more people tend to go to the first one! Is Aberdeen your first choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ed2015
Yeah but I think the 11th may be the better one, more people tend to go to the first one! Is Aberdeen your first choice?

Second behind Edinburgh
Have you received an offer from Edinburgh? I'm waiting for them to reply

Yes. I have, but its also conditional, and I don't know yet if I've met one of the conditions, I have all but one, but there's only like a 50/50 chance that I'll get the score they want.
I applied for History and got an offer today! I sent my application about 2 weeks ago!
Original post by Gabesdefig
hey guys, i'm currently a gap year student who holds a firm place to study petroleum geology at the UoA. Just wondering if anyone who lives in aberdeen or whom is at the university can advise me on the night life. Do famous music acts ever come to aberdeen or is it too far for them to come. Also what is the music scene like, are there any raves/ heavy clubs because thats the sorta stuff im into lol
Would really appreciate if anyone could get back to me with some help :smile:

Famous musicians don't come that often, but there are buses and trains to Glasgow like all the time.
Nightlife is okay, there are about 6 main clubs in city centre. There are plenty of bars and restaurants as well.
I received an unconditional for Mechanical and Electrical engineering at Aberdeen 😆
Yes. I have, but its also conditional, and I don't know yet if I've met one of the conditions, I have all but one, but there's only like a 50/50 chance that I'll get the score they want.

I'm still waiting for an offer from them.
I'm still waiting for an offer from them.

I'm sure you will get one, if you got an unconditional from Aberdeen, you are sure to get at least a conditional from Edinburgh.
I'm sure you will get one, if you got an unconditional from Aberdeen, you are sure to get at least a conditional from Edinburgh.

Apparently Edinburgh don't do conditionals for Law.
Apparently Edinburgh don't do conditionals for Law.

That can't be true, because I have a conditional for law from them, and I know of other people that have gotten conditional for law too.

Latest

Trending

Trending