The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Solemn Wanderer
Wouldn't you like to think so! :laugh: (to Danny)

I so know so. I bloody know it!! You dirty Tab...
Visiting_Babylon
If this is so, I'm definitely religious. :p:

Are you coming on to SW....? Has the man pulled, using only legal knowledge?!?
Danny_777
Are you coming on to SW....? Has the man pulled, using only legal knowledge?!?

LOL, I am merely in awe of his intelligence, and legal knowledge! :redface:
Solemn Wanderer
Really, you people need Gardner back so you can have a proper god to suck up to. This is all getting quite ridiculous. I'm not even a law student yet for ****'s sake!

Another nugget!! He's not a student yet!! I'm gonna take a guess and say a Cambridge gapper. I could say reapplicant, but I doubt he'd fail the first time round :p:.
Or a pervy young academic? :p:
Solemn Wanderer
Really, you people need Gardner back so you can have a proper god to suck up to. This is all getting quite ridiculous. I'm not even a law student yet for ****'s sake!

Oh, whoops, did I say that out loud? :ninja:

It would be unwise for Visiting_Babylon to come on to me. She might find out her first guess about me was correct after all! There must be the odd pervy old academic on here, surely, ;yes;

Or that you're in fact a woman, i don't see a gender sign. Unless it's been established that you're a def. a guy which i assumed.
I thought I might as well!

The Basics
First name: Natalie
Hometown (Prior Uni): There's been a few. I'm a bit of a nomad, however, most of my life was spent in the teenage pregnancy hot-spot that is, Stevenage.

The Academics
I hope to attend: Cambridge.
Subjects studied at A-Level: English Literature, History, Law and Sociology AS.
Other Universities applied to: Warwick, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds.
Universities rejected from: Nottingham, and Warwick for Law and Sociology Jnt Hnrs BA.
Universities received offers from: Warwick - straight Law LLB, Leeds, Cambridge, and Edinburgh.
Best thing about my prospective Uni: I think the supervisions sound fantastic.
Worst thing about my prospective Uni: From what I can decipher there's not lots of cheap student bars I can drown myself in.

Law-Related
Reasons for studying/hoping to study Law: It really interested me when I began studying it at AS Level, it was like a bolt out of the blue really.
Favourite area of Law: I've really enjoyed the philosophical stuff we've done at A level. Criminal Law was great fun too.
Most-Memorable case: R v Wilson / R v Brown. Burnt buttocks and bleeding *******s. Literally.

General
Favourite music genres: Allsorts. Jazz, French pop, good Hip Hop, French house, funk, soul, a lot of 80s stuff: The Clash, The Smiths, The Cure.
Favourite artist/s: Nouvelle Vague, Buena Vista Social Club, People Under The Stairs, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Thievery Corp.
Favourite film: Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Or Some Like It Hot.
Favourite Food/s: Seafood sticks, chocolate, boiled eggs 'n toast. Anything with sweet chilli in it.
If I could be anywhere in the world right now I would be: Caye Caulker, Belize.
Whilst I'm at Uni/When I'm at uni I [will] miss most: Being lazy.
Current pin-up: Jim Royale, my arse!
My strength: My determination.
My weakness: Occasional self loathing.

TSR Related
How I came across TSR: Googled it, I think. I wanted to talk to other people who had offers. Spread some love.
Favourite thread: Something in 'ere like!
Favourite members: I love everyone! :rolleyes:

In the future...
Career intentions: Solicitor, most probably. I doubt I could hack the instability as a barrister, though would be 'sciting. Who knows.
I see myself living in (country/area): London. There is nowhere else!
I most want in life: Cheesy answer: to be happy. Truthful answer: to have lots of money and travel the world (some more).
Reply 67
Have you been to Caye Caulker?!
MLM
Have you been to Caye Caulker?!

Yes :biggrin: Probably the most stunning place I've ever been to. Have you as well?
Reply 69
Yes, I have! :biggrin: About two and a half years ago... Veeeery relaxing, it was. I got seriously burnt though!
Hey that's crazy! I hardly ever speak to people that have been to Belize, let alone Caye Caulker. I got seriously sick whilst I was there, I went to that Western style restaurant run by a Canadian dude (can't remember its name?) and they gave me some seriously dodgy fish. I had to have injections and everything. Aside from that, brilliant trip.

Did you go to San Ignacio? Did you go to Guatemala, Tikal etc?! Ohhh memories!
Reply 71
I know, hence my surprise! Mmmmh not too sure which restaurant that would have been, but I also got ill, but that was because I got some pretty serious burns (so much so that I had to go to a local Doctor who prescribed me medicines for burnt patients). Apart from that the hostel I stayed in was probably the worst of my whole three-month-trip.

I only went to Caye Caulker in Belize but I did go to Guatemala and went to Tikal, Atitlan (!), Antigua... Memories indeed!
Reply 72
mypaperheart

Favourite artist/s: The fray,

^^ This made me hate you

mypaperheart
The All-American Rejects,

^^ This made me like you again :biggrin:
mtbab
^^ This made me hate you

^^ This made me like you again :biggrin:

so true. the fray make me want to cry :s-smilie: . Like snow patrol.
I don't mind the whole Fray/Snow Patrol stuff in doses; I even have a couple of songs like that on my iPod, but if the radio ever plays two songs by them (or similar) in a row it practically sends me to sleep. A 12-track album would put me a coma.
Snow patrol and/or the fray aren't so bad, I can think of worse!
Like?
Fall Out Boy and the "This Ain't A Scene, It's a Goddamn Arse Race" song is the one that bugs me at the minute. Songs like that are OK when they're not catchy though.

Like someone above (Our Lord? :p:) said, "A bit of everything, not too much of anything".
Reply 78
Stick Man
I don't mind the whole Fray/Snow Patrol stuff in doses; I even have a couple of songs like that on my iPod, but if the radio ever plays two songs by them (or similar) in a row it practically sends me to sleep. A 12-track album would put me a coma.

this would never happen to me, kerrang know better than kills their listeners and suffer abuse.

we had the frays save a life video on the reel of videos at work. it was just horrible becuase you hear the song 6 times in that day (its a rolling video of 30music videos) and so i know all the words and will unconsciously sing along even thought i never want to haha.
Actually, i hate the tupac tribute songs that people do even when they didn't even know him. money grabbing fools aragghhh.

Latest

Trending

Trending