The Student Room Group

AS Level resources for self teaching Government and Poltiics?

Hi all,

Looking for some resources to help me because I'm currently starting to self teach myself Govt. and Politics.

Any help as to where to look for resources would be appreciated

I already have the book 'Essentials of UK Politics' by Andrew Heywood, 2015 version.

Looking for videos, work sheets, things like that.

Thanks
Reply 1
Bump.

I have found some Youtube playlists, also signed up for Pre-Chewed Politics just awaiting confirmation email though I suppose that'll come on Monday as the admin won't be working today.

Anyone got any more?
Reply 2
Don't know if you're familiar with this website but people do post their notes and everything: you can find all that under the A levels tab above :smile:
I'm also thinking of self-studying Edexcel Government and Politics. Edexcel has some textbooks, revision guides, and workbooks for gov&pol (they're available on amazon as well), so check them out if you haven't already.
It would be really good if you got in touch with a teacher in your college/sixth form who's familiar with the A level to help you out and consolidate your knowledge for you, especially since you'll be doing it on your own. They could also mark any exam questions that you've worked on and help you improve your exam technique.
Good luck!

Quick Reply