The Student Room Group

What's your favourite kitchen utensil?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Whisks, because whisking is therapeutic, even saying the word "whisk" removes stress from your body. It's such a jolly sound.

Some may use a fork to do a whisk's job, but who can truly match the sheer positive zen and power of the whisk.

Friends, TSRians, Countrymen, thrust your whisks as high to the heavens as the extension cord will allow, for no man shall settle for low-powered battery-operated alternatives.

We are one community - a community of greatness, we behold such beautiful creations - From the sublime triple tiered wedding cake to the humble ham and cheese omelette, we are our own nation, united in glory and celebration. The bowl is our shield. The mighty shining whisk will be our glistening ever rotating sword that will mix and move our great cause to a new age. We, the masters of technology, who marry cog with motor and motor with electrical charge, shall found a dynasty of culinary beauty on the whisk.

AND SO

We shall march on the cities of the world, we shall give them cake, meringue, whipped cream and more - we shall present these items with the true MAGIC of the whisk, without the infernal clacking and marking of our bowls from forks, we shall rejoice in great clouds of flour as our engines begin to whirl, and we shall create such light beautiful culinary creations that the world shall cease to move against the combined whisking power.

WHISK MY FRIENDS, FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR RACE!!!

Spoiler

whisk cus u need it to make angel delight
Original post by Juno
I hate the cheese grater. They're impossible to clean.

How dare you hate on the precious grater
you..you MONSTER
Original post by maddo
Whisks, because whisking is therapeutic, even saying the word "whisk" removes stress from your body. It's such a jolly sound.

Some may use a fork to do a whisk's job, but who can truly match the sheer positive zen and power of the whisk.

Friends, TSRians, Countrymen, thrust your whisks as high to the heavens as the extension cord will allow, for no man shall settle for low-powered battery-operated alternatives.

We are one community - a community of greatness, we behold such beautiful creations - From the sublime triple tiered wedding cake to the humble ham and cheese omelette, we are our own nation, united in glory and celebration. The bowl is our shield. The mighty shining whisk will be our glistening ever rotating sword that will mix and move our great cause to a new age. We, the masters of technology, who marry cog with motor and motor with electrical charge, shall found a dynasty of culinary beauty on the whisk.

AND SO

We shall march on the cities of the world, we shall give them cake, meringue, whipped cream and more - we shall present these items with the true MAGIC of the whisk, without the infernal clacking and marking of our bowls from forks, we shall rejoice in great clouds of flour as our engines begin to whirl, and we shall create such light beautiful culinary creations that the world shall cease to move against the combined whisking power.

WHISK MY FRIENDS, FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR RACE!!!

Spoiler

Preach,boy, PREACH
why is no-one with me on the rolling pin? it would make the best murder weapon n everything :frown:
Original post by Juno
I hate the cheese grater. They're impossible to clean.

Agreed... I bought this recently though and it's pretty handy!!

I did see a youtube video about someone sticking their knob in it when they were drunk though, I would advise against that
I bet you anyone who chose 'Whisk' is Danisnotonfire & Amazingphil trash. Like me.
Original post by caitlinislame
I bet you anyone who chose 'Whisk' is Danisnotonfire & Amazingphil trash. Like me.

I chose it cus u make angel delight with it I don't even know who tf they are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Lambert87
Agreed... I bought this recently though and it's pretty handy!!

I did see a youtube video about someone sticking their knob in it when they were drunk though, I would advise against that

Grated fingers hurts enough!
Chose spatula because:

[video="youtube;sOZmLkez2dc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZmLkez2dc[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hungryhannah
why is no-one with me on the rolling pin? it would make the best murder weapon n everything :frown:

Rolling pin is class. I've never actually used it in the kitchen tho, only for massaging my legs after long runs :wink:
Reply 51
Original post by elen90
Thai kitchen knives. With one of these you'll never need another knife.

Santoku is for girls.
Original post by Use Err Name
Rolling pin is class. I've never actually used it in the kitchen tho, only for massaging my legs after long runs :wink:

that sounds like a great idea :colone:
So dissapointed at the poll results. Thought my trusty butter knife would be in the lead :mad:
Reply 54
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:cookie:

Like the title

What kind of poll is this? lol

Well I'm partial to a good cheese grater but I don't like rolling pins, said no one ever haha.
The egg slicer is the best kitchen utensil. You don't use it often, but when you do, it's like fun magic.
let's hear it for the humble

SPORK

[SCROLLR]:rave:GO SPORKS:rave:[/SCROLLR]
Original post by Captain Jack
The egg slicer is the best kitchen utensil. You don't use it often, but when you do, it's like fun magic.

I agree with this so much .
Original post by Avocado2002
I agree with this so much .

It's no coincidence that you have chosen to reply Avocado because an egg slicer is also very handy for slicing perfectly ripe avocados.

I demand a revote.
Original post by Captain Jack
It's no coincidence that you have chosen to reply Avocado because an egg slicer is also very handy for slicing perfectly ripe avocados.

I demand a revote.

So do I. Where is the egg slicer option?!

Quick Reply

Latest