The Student Room Group

Can I do two different degrees at the same time?

Okay, so I am currently doing a full-time degree for Computer Games Development BUT I have just noticed that the University that I'm at is now doing a part-time Astronomy course. This is something that I looked at doing before I applied for Computing but there was nothing!

So I'm wondering if I am able to do a full-time degree and a part-time degree at the same University? Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 1
How would you pay for the other degree? you won't get student finance.
Reply 2
I would save up to pay for the part time course. I'm just interested in knowing if I would be able to do two degree courses at the same time.
Reply 3
Why not ask the uni? I dont think I heard anyone do 2 degree course at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know, but one way that it wouldn't be possible would be if all the lectures/seminars clashed with each other. You could ask the university about it.
Reply 5
Yeah you should be able to but it's really about the lectures and stuff and whether the timetables will work or not. And whether you'll be able to handle the workload yourself.
Reply 6
Cool. Well it's an online course so I don't think it should interfere much with my full time degree
Original post by Emily7737
Cool. Well it's an online course so I don't think it should interfere much with my full time degree

The workload would likely be too much. What is the rush? The Government have said that from 2017, people who already have a degree can get another loan to pay for a second degree if it is a STEM subject. Focus on your current degree and then do Astronomy afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending