The Student Room Group

Second year homesickness

I'm a second year at university now and I've never felt like this before. I'm enjoying uni more this year than I did my first year but I'm constantly wanting to visit home at the moment and I have no idea why. Every time I go home I can't wait to go back to uni and then when I'm at uni all I want to do is go home. All I think about is that I can't wait for christmas to come so I can go home but I don't want to spend the rest of my uni time feeling this way. Can anyone relate or help me pleaseeee?
Original post by doughut8
I'm a second year at university now and I've never felt like this before. I'm enjoying uni more this year than I did my first year but I'm constantly wanting to visit home at the moment and I have no idea why. Every time I go home I can't wait to go back to uni and then when I'm at uni all I want to do is go home. All I think about is that I can't wait for christmas to come so I can go home but I don't want to spend the rest of my uni time feeling this way. Can anyone relate or help me pleaseeee?

Can your parents come up and stay in a B and B for a night and take you for a decent meal?

That would give you some 'home' to look forward to, but limit it to a manageable time.
Maybe it's just the hugs, and not the place itself you're missing ??

(And how nice to have a home so good that you miss it. :loveduck: )
Original post by doughut8

Try and keep yourself busy and focused on your uni life, that is the best way to do things.
Reply 3
If I had to take a guess, maybe coming home is a break from the 'social intensity' of Uni. The irony being you feel guilty about not being 'a part of it' when at home.

If this is right, maybe you need your own space as well as being sociable, try long walks in parkland in your uni city?
Reply 4
Original post by Wimbs
If I had to take a guess, maybe coming home is a break from the 'social intensity' of Uni. The irony being you feel guilty about not being 'a part of it' when at home.

If this is right, maybe you need your own space as well as being sociable, try long walks in parkland in your uni city?

That makes so much sense actually. I will try the walks thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending