The Student Room Group

LSE or UCL?

I have received offers from LSE and UCL but I am unsure which to go to. I have an interview for Cambridge and that has always been my first choice, UCL my second and LSE my third. I feel like the social life at UCL is better and still has the same career prospects as LSE. Also, UCL is 7th in the world rankings whereas LSE is 35th?! You can probably tell I am leaning towards UCL at the moment. Also, I applied for Law! I know the UCL Faculty of Law is excellent, but LSE for Law overall might be better? Anyway, what do you guys think?
Thanks!
Have you been to both universities to get a feel of the place?
Reply 2
Deffo UCL

Patel vaara bau chhe tya :wink: :tongue:

Lol
Reply 3
definitely UCL
Reply 4
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Have you been to both universities to get a feel of the place?

I have been to UCL and really loved the law faculty and their lecture halls, LSE i haven't visited but I didn't really like the look of their lecture halls so much online :tongue:
Original post by Reepatel
I have been to UCL and really loved the law faculty and their lecture halls, LSE i haven't visited but I didn't really like the look of their lecture halls so much online :tongue:

It seems as if you might have answered your own question. To be honest, I would go with UCL. When I first visited UCL I literally fell in love with it. :daydreaming:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by DeadEnd_96
It seems as if you might have answered your own question. To be honest, I would go with UCL. When I first visited the UCL I literally fell in love with it. :daydreaming:

Yeah, UCL it is for me I guess. Thanks guys!
Reply 7
Yeah, UCL it is for me I guess. Thanks guys!

Aah well, I suppose you didn't understand what I wrote in Gujarati - that would have been enough of a reason for you to go for UCL lol.
Reply 8
Original post by nucdev
Aah well, I suppose you didn't understand what I wrote in Gujarati - that would have been enough of a reason for you to go for UCL lol.

Yeah I don't speak gujarati, and why is that a good enough reason for me to go to UCL?:s-smilie:
Reply 9
Yeah I don't speak gujarati, and why is that a good enough reason for me to go to UCL?:s-smilie:

You're a Patel and don't speak Gujarati? :redface:

Nah what I actually said in Gujarati, but never mind.
Reply 10
Original post by nucdev
You're a Patel and don't speak Gujarati? :redface:

Nah what I actually said in Gujarati, but never mind.

Just because I am a Patel doesn't mean I have to speak Gujarati? My parents never taught me, and I don't intend on learning it. And I understand now thanks :tongue:
I have received offers from LSE and UCL but I am unsure which to go to. I have an interview for Cambridge and that has always been my first choice, UCL my second and LSE my third. I feel like the social life at UCL is better and still has the same career prospects as LSE. Also, UCL is 7th in the world rankings whereas LSE is 35th?! You can probably tell I am leaning towards UCL at the moment. Also, I applied for Law! I know the UCL Faculty of Law is excellent, but LSE for Law overall might be better? Anyway, what do you guys think?
Thanks!

The difference between them is negligible, especially for law.

That said, some consulting firms and private equity firms target LSE more - but I imagine you're more interested in getting a training contract/pupillage than those careers.

Quick Reply

Latest