The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Modules and group work

Do your group change between different modules? For example, if I have a group for one module will I have the same group for next semesters module aswell? Or will my group change?
Assessed Group work is the depressing introduction to real-world workplace politics: if your group changes with your next module, that's great, but they don't change as rapidly in the workplace. Be sure to have a very clear understanding of the way that group work is assessed, and do whatever is required to make sure that you shine, even if you have to carry others in the process.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DrSocSciences
Assessed Group work is the depressing introduction to real-world workplace politics: if your group changes with your next module, that's great, but they don't change as rapidly in the workplace. Be sure to have a very clear understanding of the way that group work is assessed, and do whatever is required to make sure that you shine, even if you have to carry others in the process.

Well, in the real world if people don't pull their weight and do the work they get sacked simple as. I hate my group because they're frustrating to work with and think they "know" it all. For example, we're making a simple game and they've changed the coordinates so it's hard for us to merge our game. I've done my part for the game but I have no idea how to merge it and they do despite that they're not willing to help me even though it's group work. It's upsetting and I feel very uncomfortable in working with them. I don't think I can work with them for another 5 months, I will speak to my module leader about it. I have 100% attendance and willing to do the work. I'm always there, it's not like I've sat back and not bothered to turn up when they can do the work.
If you knew about employment law, you'd understand that people don't just get sacked anymore. This negotiation is a more valuable learning experience than the module content.
Reply 4
Original post by DrSocSciences
If you knew about employment law, you'd understand that people don't just get sacked anymore. This negotiation is a more valuable learning experience than the module content.

Well, at least group work is only for first year which doesn't actually count towards my degree which is good.

Quick Reply

Latest