The Student Room Group

David Tennant or Francisco Lachowski?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SallyMae
Fair dos. I grew up in Scotland/the North mostly so I guess guys like David seem more average to me, my mate's dad from Aberdeen looks like him with short hair actually :lol: I also find being older a turn off so I guess I'm biased lol.

Lit fan? :biggrin:

Less of a fan now that I'm a Lit student, haha!
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's kind of the opposite for me. I see a lot of guys around uni who look like this Francisco dude so that just seems 'normal' to me. I think the huge culture divide would be kind of an issue too. I just saw an interview and English obviously isn't his first language...and because all I know about him is the fact that he's a model just makes me wonder, 'if we went on a date, what on earth would we talk about?'.
Whereas with David, I could actually find things to talk about, y'know?
But then again, the age thing would throw me off. It's nice in theory but in application, I feel like I would go with Francisco purely because he's younger. :rofl:

Wow, I'm making it look like I actually have a chance with either of them and I'm getting a chance to choose. Calm down, Mocha, this isn't 'Take Me Out'. :cry2:
Original post by donnerkebab
Kensington and the wealthier parts of London have loads of sharply dressed, good-looking guys.

Obviously, I can't say that young guys in the SE look exactly like Lachowski but it's not exactly rare to see the same type of features; Lachowski has a very feminine face that appeals to a certain demographic.

This is very true. Whenever I've been to Kensington, Chelsea or Richmond, the amount of attractive guys I see goes up a lot. It's probably because they can afford better clothes, haircuts and products etc. They're much better groomed.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Firstly I'm not getting off the internet and taking a walk at almost midnight :colondollar:

Yeah I know, there is a huge difference between attractiveness and certain areas. I believe you. But meh...there aren't just differences between attractiveness in certain areas, there are differences with many things depending on where you come from...so yeah....

Well yeah, I don't disagree.

I'm not saying that Lachowski isn't very good-looking but that I can imagine him being just another fairly popular guy at my old sixth-form as opposed to the symbol he's become now.
Reply 63
:ashamed2: I'm sorry, please don't hit me with your rolling pin mata ji!

Rolling pin ki maa ki aankh - this calls for drastic measures. Time to get serious....................
Original post by Mochassassin

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's kind of the opposite for me. I see a lot of guys around uni who look like this Francisco dude so that just seems 'normal' to me.

This is exactly what I mean. That 'look' is so common in parts of the country.

Original post by drowzee
This is very true. Whenever I've been to Kensington, Chelsea or Richmond, the amount of attractive guys I see goes up a lot. It's probably because they can afford better clothes, haircuts and products etc. They're much better groomed.

Thankyou.
Reply 65
Less of a fan now that I'm a Lit student, haha!
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's kind of the opposite for me. I see a lot of guys around uni who look like this Francisco dude so that just seems 'normal' to me. I think the huge culture divide would be kind of an issue too. I just saw an interview and English obviously isn't his first language...and because all I know about him is the fact that he's a model just makes me wonder, 'if we went on a date, what on earth would we talk about?'.
Whereas with David, I could actually find things to talk about, y'know?
But then again, the age thing would throw me off. It's nice in theory but in application, I feel like I would go with Francisco purely because he's younger. :rofl:

Wow, I'm making it look like I actually have a chance with either of them and I'm getting a chance to choose. Calm down, Mocha, this isn't 'Take Me Out'. :cry2:

What's it like? I love English lit so am thinking of applying to do it (and what uni are you at where guys look like that? :gah:)

David seems a bit cheeky. I used to live in Scotland and the guys there really take the piss out of you even if they like you haha. He has a funny personality though :lol:

Omg that would be the best Take Me out ever! :frown:
He just looks so cute :fan:

OMG :sexface: :sexface: :sexface: what are their names??

you can both share him :rofl:

First = Jeremy Irvine
Second = Max Irons
Third = Bradley James
Fourth = Douglas Booth.

They're all so handsome. :love:

I do not share my men with anyone. :u:
Well yeah, I don't disagree.

I'm not saying that Lachowski isn't very good-looking but that I can imagine him being just another fairly popular guy at my old sixth-form as opposed to the symbol he's become now.

I bet they were all A-holes? XD
I bet they were all A-holes? XD

No, they were all decent blokes, with the exception of one. In fact, going by my experiences with girls, I'd consider myself an attractive guy. We're not all stuck up bellends. In my experience, it's the less attractive guys who have more insecurities and attitude issues with girls.
Reply 69
Original post by drowzee
First = Jeremy Irvine
Second = Max Irons
Third = Bradley James
Fourth = Douglas Booth.

Why can't I rep you twice :frown: :love: i am honoured :smug:

*throws rep at you*

What's it like? I love English lit so am thinking of applying to do it (and what uni are you at where guys look like that? :gah:)

David seems a bit cheeky. I used to live in Scotland and the guys there really take the piss out of you even if they like you haha. He has a funny personality though :lol:

Omg that would be the best Take Me out ever! :frown:

It's awful. Hate to break it to you...:rofl:
Only first year is ****. It gets drastically better in second year. I love it. :biggrin:
Lancaster Uni - we attract a lot of European students because of the management course so we get a lot of Francisco look-a-likes. :tongue:
They always hang around in massive groups consisting entirely of their native language speakers which makes it difficult to actually approach them or become friends with them, haha. They also tend to leave after 1st/2nd term so that's another problem. :tongue:
Which universities are you considering? :smile:

He's cheeky alright! He just seems so down-to-earth and up for a good laugh. He can insult me any day and I'd still be drooling!
Reply 71
No, they were all decent blokes, with the exception of one. In fact, going by my experiences with girls, I'd consider myself an attractive guy. We're not all stuck up bellends. In my experience, it's the less attractive guys who have more insecurities and attitude issues with girls.

I actually agree in my experience, I prefer geeky looking guys who are skinny but most people think that is less attractive. They often have a chip on their shoulder :frown: But posh boys can be stuck up too
Why can't I rep you twice :frown: :love: i am honoured :smug:

*throws rep at you*

Aww thank you. :h: And that gif perf <3
Original post by drowzee
First = Jeremy Irvine
Second = Max Irons
Third = Bradley James
Fourth = Douglas Booth.

Max Irons = :coma: :sexface: :perv:
Too bad you have to share him with me. :colonhash:
I actually agree in my experience, I prefer geeky looking guys who are skinny but most people think that is less attractive. They often have a chip on their shoulder :frown: But posh boys can be stuck up too

Yeah, people definitely have different preferences. Girls (and guys) will also say they like one thing but end up liking another more in real life.

Not to put you down, but I've known girls who said they preferred chubby guys actually only become interested in me when I lost weight and then built a muscular physique.

Well in my 6th form anyone who is remotely attractive is an absolute "belled". It's the average guys that are the nicest and they are amongst the international students. One really unattractive one last year told me his plans to sleep with hookers and inject heroine once he leaves home...so well erm yeah..:redface: I ignored.So I do agree with your last sentence also.
Reply 76
It's awful. Hate to break it to you...:rofl:
Only first year is ****. It gets drastically better in second year. I love it. :biggrin:
Lancaster Uni - we attract a lot of European students because of the management course so we get a lot of Francisco look-a-likes. :tongue:
They always hang around in massive groups consisting entirely of their native language speakers which makes it difficult to actually approach them or become friends with them, haha. They also tend to leave after 1st/2nd term so that's another problem. :tongue:
Which universities are you considering? :smile:

He's cheeky alright! He just seems so down-to-earth and up for a good laugh. He can insult me any day and I'd still be drooling!

Why is first year ****? :rofl:

Oooh do management courses have more Francisco look-a-likes? :gah:

That must be bad. You still see them on nights out though? :tongue:

Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol (where I live now), not sure about the rest :colondollar:

Cheeky is OK in moderation I find Scottish guys a bit too cheeky though. They also swear a lot my dad used to have to cover my ears haha :lol:
Reply 77
Yeah, people definitely have different preferences. Girls (and guys) will also say they like one thing but end up liking another more in real life.

Not to put you down, but I've known girls who said they preferred chubby guys actually only become interested in me when I lost weight and then built a muscular physique.

Nah I've only gone out with geeks actually :lol:

Chubby is different though, always unhealthy whereas skinny can be healthier if someone runs or something. Although I know some powerlifters who are a bit chubby. How long you been lifting for?
Reply 78
Well in my 6th form anyone who is remotely attractive is an absolute "belled". It's the average guys that are the nicest and they are amongst the international students. One really unattractive one last year told me his plans to sleep with hookers and inject heroine once he leaves home...so well erm yeah..:redface: I ignored.So I do agree with your last sentence also.

Make sure you stay away from him, beti!
We don't want you going further down the wrong path. You've already shamed me so much on this forum, I'm wondering what else is left for me to see.

Wahe Guru mujhe uthaale le!
Reply 79
Original post by drowzee
Aww thank you. :h: And that gif perf <3

Yw :love:

I should go to bed now I'm going to Manc tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest