The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C1/C2 - 18th/25th May 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Please could someone find out what UMS 71/75 is on edexcel C1 june 2006?

I've been scouring the internet for ages and haven't found anything...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=602520 Try this :h:
May not be 100% accurate, but it's a good approximate.
Original post by jamestg
Please could someone find out what UMS 71/75 is on edexcel C1 june 2006?

Same I've been having trouble too!

If anyone does manage to find the 2006 grade boundaries could you please send me the link. Cheers
Anyone here having C2 and S1 edexcel textbook pdf???
Thanks in advance
Reply 83
Gave the OP a much fresher, clearer look.
Hello there guys, fellow Maths taker here 🙋

Just as a note for OP, my maths teacher recommends physicsandmathstutor and omg it's a lifesaver, all the resources you could ever want collected in one place for free. :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Steliata
Hello there guys, fellow Maths taker here 🙋

Just as a note for OP, my maths teacher recommends physicsandmathstutor and omg it's a lifesaver, all the resources you could ever want collected in one place for free. :smile:

It's already in the OP :-) under 'various resources'
Original post by jamestg
It's already in the OP :-) under 'various resources'

Oh right sorry! :redface:
Original post by AyeshaSohail101
Anyone here having C2 and S1 edexcel textbook pdf???
Thanks in advance

you can easily find them on the internet.

C2: http://www.examvault.net/uploads/3/0/1/5/30157763/__edexcel-maths-c2.pdf
how many marks do i need for C1 C2 S1 to secure an A*. i am guessing 82/100 in each of them and i know that grade boundaries change depending on the paper.
Reply 89
Original post by helpMehRevise
how many marks do i need for C1 C2 S1 to secure an A*. i am guessing 82/100 in each of them and i know that grade boundaries change depending on the paper.

You cannot get an A* at AS. However if you want an A* overall, you need 80% overall across the whole A-level and 180/200 in C3 and C4 combined.

You should be aiming for around 70/75 in each paper.
Original post by jamestg
You cannot get an A* at AS. However if you want an A* overall, you need 80% overall across the whole A-level and 180/200 in C3 and C4 combined.

You should be aiming for around 70/75 in each paper.

I thought that 80% overall was A and 90% overall was A* (btw 90% is 67.5 marks). Requirements change each year depending on paper difficulty anyway but I thought these were the "guidelines".
Reply 91
Original post by HedgehogsRulz
I thought that 80% overall was A and 90% overall was A* (btw 90% is 67.5 marks). Requirements change each year depending on paper difficulty anyway but I thought these were the "guidelines".

I'll find what the exam board say.

Also 90% is not 67.5 marks. Raw marks are converted into UMS - therefore you should aim for 90% UMS. However raw mark/UMS conversion can vary a lot. Therefore raw mark wise, to get 90% UMS - your best bet is 70/75.
Original post by jamestg
I'll find what the exam board say.

Also 90% is not 67.5 marks. Raw marks are converted into UMS - therefore you should aim for 90% UMS. However raw mark/UMS conversion can vary a lot. Therefore raw mark wise, to get 90% UMS - your best bet is 70/75.

Thats what I meant when saying the boundaries vary, but UMS are really there to put individual modules etc. on an equal footing, e.g C1 might be 71 for 90UMS but C3 might be 68 for the same UMS. Not an examiner, but every teacher that I've ever had has used 90% for an A* in mocks (when they couldn't be bothered or they couldn't access official mark boundaries).
Reply 93
Hi,

for C1 I constantly achieve 84% which is between 62-64/75 raw marks. Do you reckon I'll be able to get an A in this exam paper?
Reply 94
Original post by oni176
Hi,

for C1 I constantly achieve 84% which is between 62-64/75 raw marks. Do you reckon I'll be able to get an A in this exam paper?

Depends on the grade boundaries. I would work on the bits you get wrong so you can get a few more marks, just to ensure you get an A!

If I'm honest, you're in a really good position to score even higher in this paper! Use that to your advantage and aim for 90%+ UMS!
Reply 95
Original post by jamestg
please could someone find out what ums 71/75 is on edexcel c1 june 2006?

a = 60
b = 52
c = 44
d = 37
e = 30
Say you get 70/100 on a C1 paper . what UMS will this averagely be 70 UMS??
Reply 97
I'm struggling with C2 Trigonometric Identities, anyone got any tips to combat them?
Reply 98
Original post by helpMehRevise
Say you get 70/100 on a C1 paper . what UMS will this averagely be 70 UMS??

70UMS will probably be around 56/57 marks?
Reply 99
Original post by K-Fox
I'm struggling with C2 Trigonometric Identities, anyone got any tips to combat them?

Examsolutions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest