The Student Room Group

MASt Part III Forum

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to everyone with offers! Does it matter if you are not at a russell group uni? i used to be at a russell group uni (Cardiff Uni) but then i transferred to a lower ranking university to study what i really wanted. I'm on track for a 1st but in the first year at Cardiff i got a 3rd, mostly due to illness during the exams. Is it even worth applying for the MASt?
Reply 61
Hey there!

I'm not from a russell group university. Granted, I am from overseas so I'm unsure as to what effect that might have on my application. Regardless, I was admitted. From my vantage point, only the latter half of your undergraduate matters and a explanation of previous performance might be satisfactory.
Reply 62
Still at the Under consideration by the department stage :frown: getting really anxious to know the descision. Anyone else hear any updates other than those that got the offers two weeks ago?
Original post by QuantMan
Still at the Under consideration by the department stage :frown: getting really anxious to know the descision. Anyone else hear any updates other than those that got the offers two weeks ago?

I am still 'under consideration by the department' also. I think I am going to accept a PhD offer elsewhere instead because I have deadlines for accepting them coming up next week. It's a shame there is no standardised date by which universities give out offers for postgraduate degrees.

I hope you hear back about your application soon! :smile:
Reply 64

Hello Quantman! I understand the anxiety, I lived it from October until last week. Trust me when I say that you have no idea what goes on, and I'm sure that you will hear back positively, just keep calm and carry on.
Reply 65
For those of you that were admitted to Churchill College, PM me so that we can share profiles!
Reply 66
Original post by taleino
Hello Quantman! I understand the anxiety, I lived it from October until last week. Trust me when I say that you have no idea what goes on, and I'm sure that you will hear back positively, just keep calm and carry on.

Original post by major_lift
I am still 'under consideration by the department' also. I think I am going to accept a PhD offer elsewhere instead because I have deadlines for accepting them coming up next week. It's a shame there is no standardised date by which universities give out offers for postgraduate degrees.

I hope you hear back about your application soon! :smile:

Thanks guys, another week gone still nothing. I have a feeling they may even take up to April to reply who knows. Can I just ask, for those who got offers if you don't mind, what are your conditions? Is it true they ask for something like 80%+ average in the third year??
Thanks guys, another week gone still nothing. I have a feeling they may even take up to April to reply who knows. Can I just ask, for those who got offers if you don't mind, what are your conditions? Is it true they ask for something like 80%+ average in the third year??

My offer is for a first, I was expecting them to ask for 80 too, so it was a nice surprise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Tedward
My offer is for a first, I was expecting them to ask for 80 too, so it was a nice surprise!

I am doing pure maths and to my surprise, my offer is subject to a upper second. Do not know why because clearly a 2:1 is not what they look for.
Original post by rwang95
I am doing pure maths and to my surprise, my offer is subject to a upper second. Do not know why because clearly a 2:1 is not what they look for.

Oh wow, well perhaps they really want you! May be worth checking, but equally if you think you are going to get a 1st anyway probably no point worrying!
Reply 70
Original post by Tedward
Oh wow, well perhaps they really want you! May be worth checking, but equally if you think you are going to get a 1st anyway probably no point worrying!

Thanks Ted that is very sweet. We shall definitely have a cup of drink together in Cambridge. Looking forward to meeting you.
Reply 71
Original post by Tedward
Congrats! Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, everyone there !

I just submitted my application and all the materials last week. Now my application status is " under consideration by department."

I have several questions and hope you guys can give me some help :frown:

1. How long will the status "under consideration by department" last ?

2. I am a G100 student from Russell group uni, and got above first class last year. Some theoretical physics-related modules are much better and I fxxxed up in one or two modules.... Is that possible I get an offer from part iii ? ( final year project doing, theoretical physics topic. )

3. Part iii does not require us to upload PS or CV. But I still upload my Personal Statement and CV. Will they read my ps ? I mailed this question to part iii admission email but no reply yet ....

Actually I got an offer from qfff in imperial, and decided to go there...
But my best friend got part iii offer and planed to accept it... I really want to stay with her so I applied part iii... so nervous and frightened during the time of waiting the result ...... oh god there is no cry emoji there .... so sad

Hope you guys have a bright future....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rwang95
Thanks Ted that is very sweet. We shall definitely have a cup of drink together in Cambridge. Looking forward to meeting you.

Likewise! See you next year! :smile:

Original post by TronLink
Hi, everyone there !

I just submitted my application and all the materials last week. Now my application status is " under consideration by department."

I have several questions and hope you guys can give me some help :frown:

1. How long will the status "under consideration by department" last ?

2. I am a G100 student from Russell group uni, and got above first class last year. Some theoretical physics-related modules are much better and I fxxxed up in one or two modules.... Is that possible I get an offer from part iii ? ( final year project doing, theoretical physics topic. )

3. Part iii does not require us to upload PS or CV. But I still upload my Personal Statement and CV. Will they read my ps ? I mailed this question to part iii admission email but no reply yet ....

Actually I got an offer from qfff in imperial, and decided to go there...
But my best friend got part iii offer and planed to accept it... I really want to stay with her so I applied part iii... so nervous and frightened during the time of waiting the result ...... oh god there is no cry emoji there .... so sad

Hope you guys have a bright future....

Hey! Sorry I can't say as to when you will hear back because the time-scales can vary a lot! Since you've got an offer for qfff I'd say you're in good standing for part iii! And if you didn't get it, qfff is really good anyway (I also have an offer for that course) and since both are only 1 year, not long before you might be reuniting with your friend for phds anyway! Never know!
Reply 73
Original post by Tedward
Likewise! See you next year! :smile:

Hey! Sorry I can't say as to when you will hear back because the time-scales can vary a lot! Since you've got an offer for qfff I'd say you're in good standing for part iii! And if you didn't get it, qfff is really good anyway (I also have an offer for that course) and since both are only 1 year, not long before you might be reuniting with your friend for phds anyway! Never know!

Thank your very much for the reply. So you didn't upload any other materials in application ? Just want them check my personal statement .. Yeah maybe I need to be more confident about getting part iii offer...Not too negative like now. Hope I am lucky to get in. See you in Cambridge !
(edited 8 years ago)
Got the offer of MAST in Pure Maths with condition 2.1 and now waiting for a college membership
Reply 75
Original post by frostie264
Got the offer of MAST in Pure Maths with condition 2.1 and now waiting for a college membership

Congratulations, when did you get the offer? Also wow a 2.1 offer really nice!!
Congratulations, when did you get the offer? Also wow a 2.1 offer really nice!!

Thank you! Last Thursday I think.
Reply 77
Original post by frostie264

wow cool man! Never hear anyone got a 2.1 condition offer before. Can you give more details about your application ? :biggrin: good luck in scholarship !
Reply 78
Hey, I'm not from one of the top universities but I already have a first and have spent a year in work - I am still under consideration by department and feeling a little nervous now. Considering there is not anything I can add to my application (as I already have my final grade) do you think it's bad news that I still haven't heard back?
Reply 79
Original post by Abcdef12
Hey, I'm not from one of the top universities but I already have a first and have spent a year in work - I am still under consideration by department and feeling a little nervous now. Considering there is not anything I can add to my application (as I already have my final grade) do you think it's bad news that I still haven't heard back?

Hey, I am at the same stage as you, but I don't think we should worry too much. Can I ask when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending