The Student Room Group

Most Awkward Interaction All Year

I started a new sixth form met this dude let's call him Jim.
So me and Jim has some banter and whenever I'd see him in the corridor we'd discuss it and have a laugh.
One day when i was with a friend telling her about the banter she went onto my instagram account and slid into his DMs mentioning it but pretending to be me. He never responded. I was in the corridor the other day and he looked at me and I saw the realisation on his face and he walked off. I know he thinks I like him because he hasn't spoken to him since
Since then I've gone out of my way to avoid him because I feel like it's too late to explain the instagram situation and now I have to awkwardly avoid any interaction with him for the next two years. :colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I started a new sixth form met this dude let's call him Jim.
So me and Jim has some banter and whenever I'd see him in the corridor we'd discuss it and have a laugh.
One day when i was with a friend telling her about the banter she went onto my instagram account and slid into his DMs mentioning it but pretending to be me. He never responded. I was in the corridor the other day and he looked at me and I saw the realisation on his face and he walked off. I know he thinks I like him because he hasn't spoken to him since
Since then I've gone out of my way to avoid him because I feel like it's too late to explain the instagram situation and now I have to awkwardly avoid any interaction with him for the next two years. :colondollar:

Is it possible to get into his DM's any other way or do you have to "slide in"? Seems a bit childish to me man, just be grown up about it and talk to him. Is he just a friend or something else?
Reply 2
The same thing happened to me and my 2 year old son 8 years ago. I have been avoiding him since then.
Reply 3
Your over use of the word banter cracks me up
Reply 4
He's just a friend which is what makes it a bit awkward. But I've decided to forget the interaction ever happened we've had a little laugh about it (mainly at me over thinking) and now all is well. @John55 I only used it twice :aetsch:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending