The Student Room Group

Falling for a friend at uni

I've known this girl for about a year now and only recently (last two weeks) we've been getting really close, I feel like I'm starting to like her but I don't know how to go about it because she actually has a boyfriend but has been on a break for a few weeks now but there is a possibility they get back together as he has tried to contact her recently...

Because of this I don't know what to do, I feel like she's been giving me hints on how she is feeling the same way but I don't want to end up asking and awkwardly having to stop talking to her as she is a good friend who means a lot to me :/

One of her friends even recently said directly to me that they assumed I liked her and that's why she thought I was hanging out with her a lot. I didn't admit it to her friend but I feel like maybe I should?
I suppose admitting it to her friend would get you rresult one way or another.

But maybe talk to her about it and without coming across too seriously, ask about this break thing, because if they're not really broken up then.. :dontknow:. But if all is well then maybe slide it into the conversation after that or ask her out or something.
Either talk with her friend or suck it up and talk directly to the girl you're interested in.

The friend could act as a go between and that can work successfully.

But, if you talk directly to the girl I think you should casually ask her about he getting back w/ her boyfriend. If she's having feeling for you and you've been a round a lot recently then I doubt she'd return to her boyfriend if she was hoping things would go somewhere with you. I'd then suggest you be a round even more and maybe ask her to meet up for coffee or some casual meet ups before ever saying anything about your interest in her as more than friends. But be flirty of course.

If she's considering getting back with her ex then I would suggest you just not say a thing. The reunion might not last regardless. You don't want to open up to her about your feelings until you know her stance w/ her boyfriend because you don't want to risk damaging the friendship you've built.

Good luck!
she doesn't want you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending