The Student Room Group

How are payslips calculated?

I work part-time, Normally Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I get paid every 2 weeks. However, I am confused about which shifts are included in each payslip.

For example, If I get paid on the 19th of November and then work on the 20th,21st,26th,27th and 28th before getting paid again on the 3rd of December. Which of those shifts will be included in my payslip for the 3rd.

I am not sure if I am being underpaid or whether the delay is longer than I expected.
Any help would be really appreciated, Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by amorgan28
I work part-time, Normally Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I get paid every 2 weeks. However, I am confused about which shifts are included in each payslip.

For example, If I get paid on the 19th of November and then work on the 20th,21st,26th,27th and 28th before getting paid again on the 3rd of December. Which of those shifts will be included in my payslip for the 3rd.

I am not sure if I am being underpaid or whether the delay is longer than I expected.
Any help would be really appreciated, Thanks

Impossible for us to tell. Some companies pay for shifts that week/month, others have delays on payments.
It depends,

Some organisations pay you on every Friday / every two weeks / at the end of the month

You'll need to contact the company you're working with to find out how they organise payslips.
most companies who pay hourly for this sort of work pay in arrears, that usually means being paid for september at the end of october and so on but it does vary, ask your manager how it works so you can keep track

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending