The Student Room Group

Xq
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
his mums either racist or she doesnt like you because of something else
Reply 2
(edited 8 years ago)
Being biracial myself with parents the "same way round" as your relationship, I completely understand where you are coming from. My father's parents were never openly racist about my mum, but they have faced prejudices, as you, sadly, no doubt will.

My only advice to you is this: Do not let anyone tell you your love is unnatural, impure or wrong. You do need to have a conversation with your boyfriend to let him know that "hiding" you is by no means okay, and if he is comfortable dating you, he should be comfortable enough to show you off to the world, without caring about other people's judgements. I don't personally know the ins and outs of your relationship, but you shouldn't break up with him just because you have cultural differences or other people don't approve. At the end of the day, it's your life and as long as you are in a happy, safe, consensual relationship then there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Yes, prejudices and hatred will always hurt, but if you truly want to make it work, hopefully you'll stick at it.
Reply 4
Original post by diana99
I know why she doesn't like me. She's really over protective. My boyfriend had heart surgery when he was a baby and nearly died because of it. And the reason why she doesn't what him to have a black girlfriend is because if we have children it's hard to find a donar for a mixed raced baby. sounds ridiculous . But it's true :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right...
well i'm sure you can adopt or something that's no reason to hate you
and what's his condition? if it's recessive and you don't have it/ aren't carrying it then it won't show up in the kids - so get tested...
Reply 5
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow thats pretty sad :frown: You need to talk to him about all of this (hiding you from his mum and the heart donor issue). Then when you find a solution, you both should speak to his parents about it. Its not fair for you two to break up just because his mother is unhappy.
Reply 8
.x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by diana99
Yeah I agree :dontknow::frown::frown::frown: it's really upsetting . But does him having a transplant affect the likelihood of our child needing one? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not sciencey so i dont know :sad::sigh::sad: im sorry
Reply 10
[Q
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending