The Student Room Group

IGCSE mocks

So someone a year older than me sent me an IGCSE paper for this year. The paper hasn't been released yet. The person said that the paper will probably be on the mock I sit. I accidently printed out a few extra copies and someone found them, now everyone knows that I knew what was on the paper. Is this considered cheating as I wasn't certain that this paper would be on the mock.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bobby smith
So someone a year older than me sent me an IGCSE paper for this year. The paper hasn't been released yet. The person said that the paper will probably be on the mock I sit. I accidently printed out a few extra copies and someone found them, now everyone knows that I knew what was on the paper. Is this considered cheating as I wasn't certain that this paper would be on the mock.

Yes it's considered cheating.
Your examiner won't care as its a mock and has no bearing on your actual exams but your teachers will have a dim view of it.
Cheating on mocks is foolish, you learn nothing about what you need to improve and your teachers don't learn where you need help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Yes it's considered cheating.
Your examiner won't care as its a mock and has no bearing on your actual exams but your teachers will have a dim view of it.
Cheating on mocks is foolish, you learn nothing about what you need to improve and your teachers don't learn where you need help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks

Latest