The Student Room Group

My friend is submitting a plagiarised PS :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nanodae
Hm :/ I suppose some could see it that way.. I contacted her today about the situation and she said it had to be sent back from her tutor. I asked why and she said it was because she put in the wrong address, wrote the wrong first digit. I was going to slowly go into the PS situation but she's sent it back off already.. going through our tutor to UCAS :s-smilie: so seems I'll be standing by again.

I really think you should talk to her urgently, tell her you've been looking at PS' online for your own application and that hers is worryingly similar. It's probably not too late to withdraw, or even resubmit if the tutor hasn't sent it. Tutors are very busy at this time of year and they may have not got around to sending it. Good luck
Original post by Nanodae
Hm :/ I suppose some could see it that way.. I contacted her today about the situation and she said it had to be sent back from her tutor. I asked why and she said it was because she put in the wrong address, wrote the wrong first digit. I was going to slowly go into the PS situation but she's sent it back off already.. going through our tutor to UCAS :s-smilie: so seems I'll be standing by again.

Why are you so upset about this? I have a feeling it is actually you who sent off a plagiarised PS... you sound suspicious tbh nobody cares about what otheer people do with their ucas application and they dont stress over it online...
Reply 42
Original post by driftawaay
Why are you so upset about this? I have a feeling it is actually you who sent off a plagiarised PS... you sound suspicious tbh nobody cares about what otheer people do with their ucas application and they dont stress over it online...

I didn't, mine was sent off weeks previous to hers. I was upset because I saw a friend who was so hardworking* the past two years make a mistake like this, anyone would be concerned to see a close friend make a mistake especially if both planned to go to uni in the future, I just wanted to see how others would deal with the situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nanodae
I didn't, mine was sent off weeks previous to hers. I was upset because I saw a friend who was so hardworking* the past two years make a mistake like this, anyone would be concerned to see a close friend make a mistake especially if both planned to go to uni in the future, I just wanted to see how others would deal with the situation.

If you really cared you'd of intervened ages ago rather than pondering about your friends future on The Student Room.
Tbh, I feel like you shouldn't deserve to go to uni or do a course if you can't even write your own personal statement. I mean, what does that say about you as a person? She'll most likely get caught.
Original post by Novascope
Tbh, I feel like you shouldn't deserve to go to uni or do a course if you can't even write your own personal statement. I mean, what does that say about you as a person? She'll most likely get caught.

It just means that the course doesn't suits her. When I couldn't write a personal statement in September this made me realise that it was a wrong course I was applying for; and when I found out what I genuinely enjoyed, I just ploughed through the PS.
OP's friend probably didn't even want to go there, maybe due to pressure from family, friends or simply ignorance.
Tell her not to worry! It's not the end of the world! If it's flagged as being plagiarised then the uni will contact her to get more information... It's taken on a case by case basis and some unis will ask for another written piece of work.. Some won't bat an eye lid! This happened to a friend of mine and hers was 48% as flagged and she has had interviews and got into a uni. If it's her own work there's nothing to worry about! They will be aware that some sentences will be the same and taken from others online, it's the bulk, the content not the sentences stringing things together....(I have a friend who works in admissions at uni!...) X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your friend is only cheating herself and her future.
As a friend it is your duty to inform them of something that they maybe doing wrong. If you have clearly explained how you feel on the matter and are confident that they have understood the point youre making then hopefully they would see sense and acknowledge the value of your opinion.

If however they choose to ignore it then thats just their own fault. Personally none of my friends are that stubborn enough to never acknowledge something i may input and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending