The Student Room Group

Question to those who have worked at McDonalds

The application form asks for two references. When they offered you the job, did they contact your referees at all? Just asking cause I am planning to put down fakes.
Reply 1
I would like to say they don't bother contacting references but I can't be 100% sure. My restaurant didn't contact my references.
Original post by LR98
I would like to say they don't bother contacting references but I can't be 100% sure. My restaurant didn't contact my references.

Thats what a lot of people are saying online, that their referees didnt get contacted at all. But then some are saying that they were asked to bring the TWO written references to the welcome meeting. I will just apply and pray that this restaurant doesnt bother either. its just so ridiculous, two references for mcdonalds when you only need ONE to get into uni. Its a joke.
Original post by arcenciel21
Thats what a lot of people are saying online, that their referees didnt get contacted at all. But then some are saying that they were asked to bring the TWO written references to the welcome meeting. I will just apply and pray that this restaurant doesnt bother either. its just so ridiculous, two references for mcdonalds when you only need ONE to get into uni. Its a joke.

I think you will find that most jobs require 2 references.
In terms of mcdonalds, my store contacted my references, and they have done for everyone else at my store. Why would you put fakes down anyway? Totally not worth the risk.
There's no way anyone where I worked would be professional enough to check references, or have enough time. They can get rid of you without notice anyway so it doesn't seem like a good use of their time. Then again if you really can't think of two people who are willing to say you're not a complete scumbag and general waste of space then maybe you should evaluate some aspects of how you act.
Reply 5
Just put down two teachers, or something. Or a teacher and an uncle with a different surname.
Original post by SmashConcept
There's no way anyone where I worked would be professional enough to check references, or have enough time. They can get rid of you without notice anyway so it doesn't seem like a good use of their time. Then again if you really can't think of two people who are willing to say you're not a complete scumbag and general waste of space then maybe you should evaluate some aspects of how you act.

Moved to the UK not long ago, dont know people aside from friends and family.

however i just filled out the application form now and it didnt ask anything about references. like two months ago when i looked at the application, you had to put down two.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending