The Student Room Group

God does exist

Every time i pray or some sort, God does answer and its actually amazing. I remember sitting my maths GCSE resit in November last year and despite the difficulty(maths was never my thing) i actually passed. lol God had answered my prayers, even the teachers were shocked because every single maths test paper i did i would end up getting a D or below. God does exists and will answer you when you pray.

Scroll to see replies

I think that's a very encouraging post, @Blackstarr ... ppl seem to always think of God as being the bad guy who sits back keeping a record of your wrong-doings, but the fact is, sometimes He just wants to help:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Blackstarr
Every time i pray or some sort, God does answer and its actually amazing. I remember sitting my maths GCSE resit in November last year and despite the difficulty(maths was never my thing) i actually passed. lol God had answered my prayers, even the teachers were shocked because every single maths test paper i did i would end up getting a D or below. God does exists and will answer you when you pray.

I expect there might have been hundreds, if not thousands, of other students who sat their GCSEs last year who also prayed for success but whose prayers went unanswered. How do you explain that? Does God only answer your prayers?

I think you should chalk your success down to luck rather than divine intervention.
Original post by Howard
I expect there might have been hundreds, if not thousands, of other students who sat their GCSEs last year who also prayed for success but whose prayers went unanswered. How do you explain that? Does God only answer your prayers?

I think you should chalk your success down to luck rather than divine intervention.

There is no such thing as luck, everything that happens was destined to happen from the creator of this universe.
Reply 4
Original post by Think People
There is no such thing as luck, everything that happens was destined to happen from the creator of this universe.

That's an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary evidence that you obviously can't provide.

Plus of course, I might casually observe that if everything is destined to happen that drives a stake right through the heart of your religion. If everything is destined then there's no free will to speak of. If there's no free will then nobody can chose to follow Christ - God has already decided who should go to heaven and who should perish.

Seems strange that you should want to go through life thanking God every time something goes better than you think it will (like Blackstarr and her GCSE math result) -especially when it is destined and effectively out of your hands anyway.

Thank you Blackstarr, for showing how my point of view had been so flawed. I'd assumed there was no god at all, now I see that cynically its simply that his interests aren't particularly broad. He's largely undiverted by the starving masses or the inequality between the various class he gives out strictly limited passess redeemable for tutors or remedial classes.

Tim minchin is far more eloquent about it than I.

[video="youtube;IZeWPScnolo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo[/video]
Reply 6
Original post by Howard

There is no such thing as luck, for the righteous shall live by faith.

I pray to God and demand justice...God will answer you if you are faithful to him.

God wants you to acknowledge him and have a relationship with him.

Your paper was probably lost in the post and so the examiners had to estimate your grade (this is under the assumption that you actually didn't achieve well in your exam which most likely is not the case as some students tend to memorise concepts and rules before going to the exam and so they will not have an idea of how they've performed).

Also, even if God was the cause of your performance, you should be in complete control of your life. You cannot expect divine success just because you believe your God will be your assistance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
If my papers got lost, it would have Ben on the headlines but it wasint.

I was predicted below D but ended up passing on the real thing... Its God. He works wonders and I thank him for that.

I was predicted below D but ended up passing on the real thing... Its God. He works wonders and I thank him for that.

i was predicted to get E's on all my GCSE's ended up with 3 Bs 1 C and 3D's i didn't pray.
its not god otherwise you are a very arrogant person to believe a god will take time out of his day of giving AIDS to babies in africa to fix your GCSE score for a single test.

also predictions are not infallible and are based on your currect track record they are not what you will get but what your teachers expect you will get.
Original post by Gwilym101
Thank you Blackstarr, for showing how my point of view had been so flawed. I'd assumed there was no god at all, now I see that cynically its simply that his interests aren't particularly broad. He's largely undiverted by the starving masses or the inequality between the various class he gives out strictly limited passess redeemable for tutors or remedial classes.

Tim minchin is far more eloquent about it than I.

[video="youtube;IZeWPScnolo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo[/video]

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Oh wow, such an assertion with a strong amount of evidence. Thank you so much!

Would you also tell me which God was it?
Original post by Think People

Lmao
Thanks for the sarcasm.

For someone who thinks an omnipotent, omniscient being would care more about a persons maths GCSEs than the millions dying from horrible uncurable diseases, famine, bloodshed and natural disasters and then thinks that makes this hypothetical being worth worshipping. Any time.
Original post by DeathGuardElite
i was predicted to get E's on all my GCSE's ended up with 3 Bs 1 C and 3D's i didn't pray.
its not god otherwise you are a very arrogant person to believe a god will take time out of his day of giving AIDS to babies in africa to fix your GCSE score for a single test.

also predictions are not infallible and are based on your currect track record they are not what you will get but what your teachers expect you will get.

My GCSE maths prediction to fail was actually accurate.... Maths is just not my thing and despite trying in locks I still failed but passed the real thing

Prayer works if you have faith in God
God does not temp anyone as he himself cannot be tempted.
The devil comes to kill steal and destroy.

How you are thinking is similar to how scientists think. You have only accounted for your strange performance by referring to a God whose existence requires evidence, but, apparently, you've accounted for the existence of a God. :wink:
Original post by Gwilym101
For someone who thinks an omnipotent, omniscient being would care more about a persons maths GCSEs than the millions dying from horrible uncurable diseases, famine, bloodshed and natural disasters and then thinks that makes this hypothetical being worth worshipping. Any time.

God does not cause suffering.

Humans were born with sin.

The devil is the evil doer.
My GCSE maths prediction to fail was actually accurate.... Maths is just not my thing and despite trying in locks I still failed but passed the real thing

Prayer works if you have faith in God

Ok so you being bad at maths you failed next time you had a different test different questions that you could answer right and maybe you revised but you also prayed and because you have no faith in your own ability it must be god wow solid reasoning.

Tell that to children suffering each day who have no food orr the people suffering from uncurable diseases and the people dying due to creation from this god.

God does temp anyone as he himself cannot be tempted.
The devil comes to kill steal and destroy.

God tempts men he's also a lier as he has also said he does not tempt people but he also temps people.
The Devil represents freedom from dogma and the system of things the ability to question the ability think and so on.
I see a thread like this I immediately feel sorry for the OP. Not because s/he believes, just because of the chaos storm coming :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending