The Student Room Group

To those who have lived in UK and US , which do you prefer and why?

To those who have lived in UK and US , which do you prefer living in and why?
I've been to america about 4 times and the weather, at least in florida and massachusetts, is a great deal better than the UK's, and that's a big deal for me considering I hate rain and chilly weather. in my opinion, the people you find in america are a lot nicer and friendlier than they are in the UK. also, things generally tend to be cheaper in america as well. the last thing I can say is that my own politics agree more with america than the UK, at least when we're considering the majority of concerns. so I would say I prefer america
USA for sure.
Reply 3
USA because that is all I know. Never been on UK soil in my life. The people are all smiles and nice (depending on state, neighborhood, location) and i never felt racism in my life from other people. Equal opportunity in school, and for jobs. No one judges me on my skin color. Tons of diverse restaurants and stores.
Reply 4
Despite all the cops shooting civilians unfairly, USA is a happier place than the UK
Not been to the US, it seems that on the whole everything is more robust and secure there. People happier. America isn't bullied as easyby the bullies of the world. Mostly more prosperous than the UK although has it's share of problems. I'd prefer there because of a wider range of places to live.
Reply 6
Original post by sleepysnooze
I've been to america about 4 times and the weather, at least in florida and massachusetts, is a great deal better than the UK's, and that's a big deal for me considering I hate rain and chilly weather. in my opinion, the people you find in america are a lot nicer and friendlier than they are in the UK. also, things generally tend to be cheaper in america as well. the last thing I can say is that my own politics agree more with america than the UK, at least when we're considering the majority of concerns. so I would say I prefer america

See you then, you won't be missed, don't let the door hit you up the a$$ on the way out, this country is full as it is.

It's comments like yours that make this country so depredsing in the first place. When I was in Massach or whatever last May the weather was as bad as here, in fact probably worse.

I bet you are one of those typical Daily Mail fanboys who is inbred, looks like a pig and is bald, obese, smokes a lot and drinks themself to death almost at the pub each night.
Reply 7
Original post by Texas.
Despite all the cops shooting civilians unfairly, USA is a happier place than the UK

Only because people like you ruin it with your incessant Daily Mail style whinging.
Original post by TSR Hotel
See you then, you won't be missed, don't let the door hit you up the a$$ on the way out, this country is full as it is.

It's comments like yours that make this country so depredsing in the first place. When I was in Massach or whatever last May the weather was as bad as here, in fact probably worse.

I bet you are one of those typical Daily Mail fanboys who is inbred, looks like a pig and is bald, obese, smokes a lot and drinks themself to death almost at the pub each night.

nah, I promise you I'm not...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending