The Student Room Group

Can I get my boobs removed on the NHS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by OU Student
You clearly have bigger issues here. Have you had any form of counselling?

I've had therapy but it was for something unrelated. Maybe it's something I should try again.
Only for back pain or similar.
If you're large chested like me and they're causing you back/neck or other mobility problems then you can possibly be put on a waiting list. My mum's been on at me to speak to my GP about a reduction because I suffer from back problems at size 34H on a small frame. I believe you have to be at least 21 for the NHS to operate, as they have to make sure you've stopped growing?

*Just read your reason why. Could get referred for gender dysmorphia but again you'd probably have to wait until 21. Hormone treatments can reduce breast size.
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel ya I don’t have large breasts either I want them removed too :frown: I don’t think they can just remove them unless u have cancer or cancer genetics
Reply 24
If you want that done pay for it yourself. Do you think the NHS has money to waste fixing everything anyone doesn't like about themselves. Even if you could get it done, you would taking money and resources away from those that need life saving care.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest