The Student Room Group

GCSE Mock Exams, can someone help me/ revising

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
I think me and @JamieVardy disagree.

Depends on what OP does with the 2015 papers then...
Original post by BlueBlueBells
Depends on what OP does with the 2015 papers then...
I think me and @JamieVardy agree...
Original post by 04MR17
I think me and @JamieVardy agree...

I honestly don't know if you're serious or not.
I honestly don't know if you're serious or not.

Come on. Everyone wants to pass their mocks. Virtually everyone cheats in them and attain all grade A*s, quite a confidence boost.
Original post by JamieVardy
Come on. Everyone wants to pass their mocks. Virtually everyone cheats in them and attain all grade A*s, quite a confidence boost.

Don't you think that something like that would be too much of a confidence boost? Plus, why the hype in doing amazingly in mocks (by cheating), when they do not count towards the actual GCSEs?
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="BlueBlueBells;60936663"]Don't you think that something like that would be too much of a confidence boost? Plus, why the hype in doing amazingly in mocks, when they do not count towards the actual GCSEs?[/QUOTE

Well, you see, I had the papers in my possession and I told a couple of people about them... and before you know it, the entire year knew! I, fortunately, didn't cheat in my mocks (despite the fact I was the one who found them), however, it turned out everyone had an A* in a particular subject, which was rather shocking. The reason for having access to the papers is...

I don't even know, haha.

There isn't a reason.
Reply 46
Hello,

I'm doing Mock exams soon too. I'm in Y 11. I know how you feel, I'd like the 2015 papers too but to be honest it is pointless if you think about it. You can't cheat in Summer 2016 so why not try to remember the content. :smile:

Anyway I'll give you some awesome revision resources you can use.

For AQA Triple Science - http://freesciencelessons.co.uk/
I watch them videos and think they're really helpful.

For AQA English Language & Lit - http://youtube.com/mrbruff
He has some awesome videos and tips! Watch them videos and you'll improve your grade. :smile:
If you're willing to spend 99p you can also buy his revision guide but first check out the videos.
Highly recommended.

For Maths - http://hegartymaths.com/ is really good.
Also a YouTube channel.

I'm also using other stuff for other subjects but the ones above are free and easily understandable videos.

Feel free to ask me anything.
Good luck!
Don't you think that something like that would be too much of a confidence boost? Plus, why the hype in doing amazingly in mocks, when they do not count towards the actual GCSEs?[/QUOTE

Well, you see, I had the papers in my possession and I told a couple of people about them... and before you know it, the entire year knew! I, fortunately, didn't cheat in my mocks (despite the fact I was the one who found them), however, it turned out everyone had an A* in a particular subject, which was rather shocking. The reason for having access to the papers is...

I don't even know, haha.

There isn't a reason.

So you see where I'm getting at?
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="BlueBlueBells;60936985"]
Original post by JamieVardy

So you see where I'm getting at?

Yes, seeing everyone memorising mark schemes all over the school was awful.

Yes, seeing everyone memorising mark schemes all over the school was awful.

Really hoping my school doesn't do this.
Reply 50
QFA
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Magical
Either way, even if I don't get them, I'm not too sure on how to revise to be frank. I've got a Chemistry test coming up soon and I really do need to get a high grade, to show my improvements, since I got a U last time Unit 3... Plus, I'm not sure how to memorise my speaking assessment for German, because I know we're talking about holidays, but apparently he's not allowed to give us any questions so I'm not sure if I would even understand what he's saying to be honest, since our old teacher didn't teach us anything and we've barely learnt much, it's taking place next week.. I've searched for questions that could come up but still, what happens if he says something different, I wouldn't possibly understand it.

The best way to revise for the sciences is to watch MyGCSEscience videos and make notes. You can find Unit 1 online but Unit 2 and 3 are for money.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emilyrobinson100
I agree! Plus its unfair on those who put the work in! Just revise as you would for the actual exams?

Agreed. Just try your best, revise and see how you'd do if you took them now. Mocks are a great advantage that you can learn from - don't waste this opportunity to fix your mistakes before it's too late! My mocks start on Monday & I'm nervous but see them as a blessing. Good luck. :hugs:
QFA
(edited 8 years ago)
QFA
(edited 8 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3751305&page=3&p=60946079#post60946079 its hilarious how many people stick up for those who cheat, just work hard and do your best. It's not fair on those who work hard!
Edexcel have provided teachers with a special mock paper as so many places leaked the 2015 ones :smile:
Original post by Magical
I'm not too sure on how to revise to be frank. I've got a Chemistry test coming up soon and I really do need to get a high grade, to show my improvements, since I got a U last time Unit 3... Plus, I'm not sure how to memorise my speaking assessment for German, because I know we're talking about holidays, but apparently he's not allowed to give us any questions so I'm not sure if I would even understand what he's saying to be honest, since our old teacher didn't teach us anything and we've barely learnt much, it's taking place next week.. I've searched for questions that could come up but still, what happens if he says something different, I wouldn't possibly understand it.

Hi, the June 2015 questions and papers aren't available until next year after the mocks. This is for copyright purposes for the exam board, as well as making sure that the papers haven't been seen by students doing their mocks so they can't cheat.

Please don't continue requesting this, I've edited it out of your first post but am going to reopen your thread as you've also asked for advice. If you do, however, continue to ask, I'll have to close it. Let me know if you have any problems.
Reply 58
Original post by Black Rose
Hi, the June 2015 questions and papers aren't available until next year after the mocks. This is for copyright purposes for the exam board, as well as making sure that the papers haven't been seen by students doing their mocks so they can't cheat.

Please don't continue requesting this, I've edited it out of your first post but am going to reopen your thread as you've also asked for advice. If you do, however, continue to ask, I'll have to close it. Let me know if you have any problems.

I have stopped requesting it as soon as I received advice, but thankyou and I won't ask, I've learnt that it won't help that much anyway, I just need to see what people use for revision :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by hellafandom
Agreed. Just try your best, revise and see how you'd do if you took them now. Mocks are a great advantage that you can learn from - don't waste this opportunity to fix your mistakes before it's too late! My mocks start on Monday & I'm nervous but see them as a blessing. Good luck. :hugs:

Thankyou and I agree, good luck! I'm sure you'll do amazing

Quick Reply

Latest