The Student Room Group

Whenever he asks for a hug, I say no

We're really good friends but sometimes he is flirty. I'm just not much of a hugger, so I say no and just laugh it off and change the subject.

Would that hurt someones feelings?
Original post by Anonymous
We're really good friends but sometimes he is flirty. I'm just not much of a hugger, so I say no and just laugh it off and change the subject.

If they were into you then I guess they'd be frustrated / take it as a sign that you aren't into them.
Hugging isn't even deep , and who doesn't enjoy hugs O_O.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Hugging isn't even deep , and who doesn't enjoy hugs O_O.

OP doesn't, read what she wrote smh.
Reply 4
i guess it would at the beginning but when they get to know you and spend some time with you and get a feel of what you do and don't like they'll get used to it
Original post by kantdothis
OP doesn't, read what she wrote smh.

You need to learn to read lmao . I know she doesn't that's why i responded " who doesn't like hugs?"
You need to learn to read lmao . I know she doesn't that's why i responded " who doesn't like hugs?"

I didn't go to school so my reading is as bad as my riting.
Original post by kantdothis
I didn't go to school so my reading is as bad as my riting.

Lel , no worries Emmanuel.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Yes it might, just give one to make him happy :tongue:
I used to love hugs. But when I tried to hug my friend once and she repelled, I started to hate hugs for years. Then it got to the point where I hated it when people would touch me (like touch my arm or my shoulder). But now I have just trained my mind to be okay with hugs and stuff. Ngl I am still dodgy with contact like I have never held a guys hands.. that is not only daunting but uncomfortable. But its only for the best to try and overcome this social barrier OP. Even if hes flirty, as long as he doesnt squeeze your bum or anything, he cant be all that bad. I hope you overcome this some day :smile:
Original post by Little Popcorns

Can I have a hug?
Lel , no worries Emmanuel.

Cheers, man. Here, have a hug :hugs:
Reply 13
Hug are predominantly emotional rather than sexual. This can make them a low risk ambiguous way of judging sexual interest. Either way though the rejection is likely to hurt feelings. What are your feelings?
I'll be honest here, it will hurt my feelings if you rejected my hug.
Im sorry but people can be so insensitive sometimes. I gave my friend a hug and she pushed me away rudely and told me never to hug her. It was my last day of school. A hug isnt gonna kill you, but its hurtful if you reject it.
Just hug him, it will make his day better!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Can I have a hug?
If you reply to my PM :h:

Actually... If I remember correctly I tried to reply but your inbox was full and then I forgot so yes you can have a hug!
id be like bi i do not need ur negativity and meanness in my lyf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending