The Student Room Group

If God is real then why do bad things happen pfffft

lolz

Scroll to see replies

Then heaven would lose it's purpose..
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
lolz

If God is real, then he might have left us alone in his universe with some fundamental physical laws to govern things so that he wouldn't have to intervene in it to make us reflect on our existence and on our moral values :s-smilie:.
This is why I went from being agnostic to absolutely no belief in a deity.
Because God is a joker, he does it for the lol's and rofl's and maybe, just maybe, for the lmao's..
the entire story of Adam and Eve, basically
Original post by samina_ay

Why? Saying heaven is meaningless unless horrible things happen to people is tortured logic and makes the deity who came up with this system appear malevolent and unpleasant.
(edited 8 years ago)
God enjoys testing us because he finds it fun.
lolz

Very good question. I tried asking that on another thread and all I got was 'If you surrender yourself to God then good things happen'. :s-smilie:
All God does is good things. However one person's perception of 'good' is another person's perception of 'bad'.

So are you making the implicit suggestion that God created the heaven to justify the existence of Evil ?
The Heaven-Hell system and concept of absolute justice is sufficient for this. Bad things happening to people are comparable to the prick of a needle when injecting us with a life saving vaccine and then receiving £10,000,000; 'O how malevolent the doctor is' - A crah ever tym :rolleyes:
This is a fundamental theological problem:
God is all Powerful
God is all Knowing
God is all Good
Suffering exists

All 4 options cannot coexist, we know that suffering is real, no one can prove any of the other three and yet religions rely on them being "rules". I can't really remember all the relevant arguments but it was definitely part of GCSE RS about 15 years ago!

But thats not real either :frown:

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
If God is real, then he might have left us alone in his universe with some fundamental physical laws to govern things so that he wouldn't have to intervene in it to make us reflect on our existence and on our moral values :s-smilie:.

So then essentially one decides their own rules idk.

Original post by Vikingninja
This is why I went from being agnostic to absolutely no belief in a deity.

^^^^
Original post by kantdothis
Because God is a joker, he does it for the lol's and rofl's and maybe, just maybe, for the lmao's..

So you are saying that god is a user on misc?
Original post by defenestrated
the entire story of Adam and Eve, basically

isn't eve made out of adam? thats weird
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why? Saying heaven is meaningless if horrible things don't happen to people is tortured logic and makes the deity who came up with this system appear malevolent and unpleasant.

mmmn
Original post by MrKmas508
God enjoys testing us because he finds it fun.

lolzzzz
Original post by emiloujess
Very good question. I tried asking that on another thread and all I got was 'If you surrender yourself to God then good things happen'. :s-smilie:

rep :smile:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
All God does is good things. However one person's perception of 'good' is another person's perception of 'bad'.

I don't see how suffering can warrent anyone depicting that as good unless they are some sort of deviant/eccentric/psychopath.
Or scrutinise the other way around: random numbers created the universe. Even Bill Gates concur on the irrationality of this.
Original post by emiloujess

That sounds like a disgusting euphemism.

rep :smile:

Thank you, and thanks for the follow too! :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Mehrdad jafari

for bants
Original post by batoot
for bants

And who would God have bants with, the angels?

Quick Reply

Latest