The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

90222:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
90200:smile:
This thread is a continuation of: CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 8).

Welcome to the 9th part of CTAM!

Notes from the previous thread: Anyone's invited to take part in the count at any time - the more the merrier as it will mean we will reach the mighty million a lot quicker. This includes Section Moderators/Section Leaders/Community Team members etc.

A quick recap of the rules:
1) One number per post please
1.a) Please make sure to post a number with every post. Every post on the thread counts. 2) Make sure that it's the right number please, don't forget to edit your number/post if you've realized it's the wrong number. Also, please do not delete posts if they are wrong as this will just mess things up further.
2.a) If the wrong number is posted, and it hasn't been edited in a reasonable timeframe; then any other poster can invoke "rule 16b". This is used to retrospectively correct correct another person's number, or numbers.
3) Multiple posts are allowed per person, but please no more than 10 posts at a time by any one poster. Otherwise it becomes more of a personal count, and less of a forum count.

Thread features from the previous thread: Every so often (approximately every 1,000 posts) a top 10 (or 20, depending) leaderboard for the thread will be posted - great for a nice bit of in thread competition We are currently in the process of populating an overall leaderboard, for all thread parts so far. It will be posted up on the thread when it has been done. Happy Counting!

Leaderboard to follow

Thanks for creating the new thread for me - and sorting out the OP :smile:

Original post by spotify95
Thanks for creating the new thread for me - and sorting out the OP.
No problem. Would like a leaderboard soon though...
Original post by 04MR17
90230No problem. Would like a leaderboard soon though...

I'll do what I can :smile:

P.S. Surprised you didn't let it get to exactly 10k, or 90500 on the count, but hey ho, it doesn't matter! :hugs:
Original post by 04MR17
90216Nope. If you look back, you'll find that most CTAM thread are only around 500 pages long. We have yet to add a 10k post rule. If every CTAM thread was exactly 10k posts long then why are we 200 out?

P.S. you didn't include a number.

The TSR forums in general have a 10k post rule - meaning that any threads longer than 10k posts will be closed.

It's usually best to go for the furthest possible, whilst also aligning on a nice number for editing purposes/finding the correct number etc.

Original post by Explorerthumb
Why are we starting a new part already? The other one still isn't at 10k posts yet!!!!!!

Please finish the other one to 10k posts first. :frown:

90213 rule 16b. Please include a number with your posts

Original post by spotify95
90213 rule 16b. Please include a number with your posts

I swear that when I made the last post in the previous thread, it said my post was the 10000th post but now it's saying it's like post #9865 or something so you can blame me for making a new one :tongue:
I made sure to get it on a nice number tho

Latest