The Student Room Group

CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 9)

90200:smile:
This thread is a continuation of: CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 8).

Welcome to the 9th part of CTAM!

Notes from the previous thread: Anyone's invited to take part in the count at any time - the more the merrier as it will mean we will reach the mighty million a lot quicker. This includes Section Moderators/Section Leaders/Community Team members etc.

Also please note:

'Last November, a user who regularly posted int he counting threads was put on Global Ignore (G.I.), which messed up all of our counting threads. We then had to use "rule 16b" (see below) to get the numbers back in order for the count to make sense. Recently, a request was made - and approved - for the Community Team (C.T.) to remove the member from G.I. as it was messing up our threads. As such, the posts have been returned, so the numbers in this thread from this page to page 107 were then found to all be incorrect. The correct count has resumed from page 108 onwards in this thread. Special mention to @Clingfilm for helping with that.'

A quick recap of the rules:
1) One number per post please
1.a) Please make sure to post a number with every post. Every post on the thread counts. 2) Make sure that it's the right number please, don't forget to edit your number/post if you've realized it's the wrong number. Also, please DO NOT DELETE POSTS if they are wrong as this will just mess things up further.
2.a) If the wrong number is posted, and it hasn't been edited in a reasonable time-frame; then any other poster can invoke "rule 16b". This is used to retrospectively correct correct another person's number, or numbers. Always ensure the correct number is included if "rule 16b" is used.
3) Multiple posts are allowed per person, but please no more than 10 posts at a time by any one poster. Otherwise it becomes more of a personal count, and less of a forum count.
4) If someone posts, and they are deliberately trying to cause disruption (with no number, and foul language) then the best thing is to ignore them, skip over their posts as their posts will eventually be deleted. Continue counting from the last peaceful post so that when the hooliganistic posts are deleted, the count still makes sense.

WARNING: Anyone found to be deliberately causing disruption, will be reported and have said posts removed.

Any queries please see @spotify95 who is like the guardian angel of counting threads.

Thread features from the previous thread: Every so often (approximately every 1,000 posts) a top 10 (or 20, depending) leaderboard for the thread will be posted - great for a nice bit of in thread competition We are currently in the process of populating an overall leaderboard, for all thread parts so far. It will be posted up on the thread when it has been done. Happy Counting!

Top ten leaderboard for Part 8 can be found here
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

(edited 6 years ago)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Raiden10
Welcome to CTAM volume 9! I've been waiting for someone to celebrate with for a while now!!!
90211:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
90210Welcome to CTAM volume 9! I've been waiting for someone to celebrate with for a while now!!!
And then suddenly I get three newbies! It's like Christmas came early!
Original post by 04MR17
And then suddenly I get three newbies!

Why are we starting a new part already? The other one still isn't at 10k posts yet!!!!!!

Please finish the other one to 10k posts first. :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Explorerthumb
Why are we starting a new part already? The other one still isn't at 10k posts yet!
Please finish the other one to 10k posts first.
Nope. If you look back, you'll find that most CTAM thread are only around 500 pages long. We have yet to add a 10k post rule. If every CTAM thread was exactly 10k posts long then why are we 200 out?

P.S. you didn't include a number.
(edited 8 years ago)