The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aston gives out BBC offers? what were your predicted grades.:eek:
Reply 21
British Bulldog
An ok uni for an ok course.

Why do you even come on these forums if you dont want to do pharmacy? You really are pathetic - ive noticed many of your pathetic attempts to make out that pharmacy is inferior to medicine and frankly its childish, stupid and not achieving anything!
:ditto:, was just about to say something similar.
geine
Why do you even come on these forums if you dont want to do pharmacy? You really are pathetic - ive noticed many of your pathetic attempts to make out that pharmacy is inferior to medicine and frankly its childish, stupid and not achieving anything!

GINA!! GINA!! GINA!! (Sorry i've been watching too much jerry springer:p: )

Hmmm I was thinking that too but I wasn't sure if he was tring to be funny or bitter....
Anywayyyyy back to the topic on hand.:redface:
Reply 25
Whooop! Thanks for your support guys! We defo rule!
:smile: So am guessing this guy does this a lot...why?
Reply 27
Lol yeah i noticed that too. Beats me as to why someone would waste their time like this when no one on here gives a crap.
I believe he's studying Medicine at Manchester. I remember him going on about how Pharmacy is seen as a lower valued medicine course and how most of the applicants are people who aren't good enough to study medicine.To be quite fair, you would see it as inferior if you went on a medicine course mainly due to most other people you are with seeing it like that....am I making sense?

It really does annoy when people say that pharmacy is a drop-out course. It's hardly the easiest course in the world to do and, without sounding big headed, look at me. A straight A* and A student at GCSE, a straight A A-level student - i have more potential to do medicine than some medicine students.

Either way, if there's any point making a comment, particularly a bad one, about pharmacy on a pharmacy forum then there really is no point. Yes be critical by all means - that's what a forum is for - but don't constantly go on about how "inferior" pharmacy is relative to medicine.
...to come on boards and constantly pick at other courses. I mean why pick on science courses? everyone that does science is well gurannted a good job at the end of a degree.
I have been reading some of the posts of this guy and I agree with genie he is a loser. I personally feel medicine is the hardest course and I didn't want to do it, I wanted to do a course which was science based and yet still allowed me a social life:p: Pharmacy is better than an okay course. How can a guy that wants to study medicine be such an emotion vaccum?:toofunny:
Anyway....did you guys get aston offers?
I totally agree; I remember he turned down a pharmacy offer last yr just so that he could do medicine and now he thinks he's 'too good'. I've never seen a more childish person on this forum. lol I would never want him to be my doctor...

DUDE? hes a medic reject that applied for pharmacy?!?!:s-smilie: he applied for it so he must of thought it was good..what happened..
Reply 31
For the record I got into Manchester for Pharmacy through clearing. A Simple phone call from myself and my college and I was handed a place. Not too difficult then.

But then I thought, hang on a minute. Pharmacy is a rubbish course for people who give up on Medicine and hence it's dubbed an "alternative course" or a "back up course". Anyways fast forward to now and the rest is history.

I now have my medicine offer safe in the bank and enjoying the glorious weather and my wonderful gap year and having a laugh at you miserable rejects expense.

Not all pharmacists are medical rejects but the majority are. frankly I feel sorry for you people.

Geez, all that hard work to run a cornershop. Pathetic.
Reply 32
Anyways I don't need to ramble on about how inferior Pharmacy is to Medicine, your reactions spell that out loud and clear and the universities do a better job than both of us put together.

Anyways in what way were my comments unhelpful? Aston is hardly the best for pharmacy if you can say there are any good universities for pharmacy. Nottingham and Bath rule the roost with Manchester close behind.

The rest are just second rate.

Second rate institutions for a second rate course.
That's quite enough thanks. Please stay on topic, and avoid being rude and arguing/making personal and insulting remarks. :smile:
Reply 34
It's not my fault they can't handle the harsh reality that Pharmacy is the perpetual "back-up course".

And if Aston mak offers of BBC, what does that say then?

Pharmacy is not amongst the elite or the "champions league" of courses.

Not even good enough for "Uefa Cup". More like Coca-Cola League One.
My post applies to all of you in this thread. You have a right to air your opinion, of course, but please do so in a civil manner. :smile:
Reply 36
I'm civil about it. It's just the bitter pharmacists who can't hold their tongues. Who can blame them? Tough times.
Reply 37
You are not at all civil about it. its not the 'bitter' pharmacists that can't hold their tongues. its YOU!!! you come to this forum thinkin that just bcoz u turned down a pharmacy offer n got into medicine, that ur now all that. and u say 'all that hard work to run a corner shop.' mate i feel sorry 4 u; wat sort of attitude is that? u dont have a clue of wat pharmacy is about. as a doc you'll have to work in a team with other health professionals inc pharmacists. Honestly, I dnt knw how you'll be able to cope!!

and who says that aston is hardly the best for pharmacy? pls do some research b4 making comments about things u don't have a clue about, heres some info:
1. 24/24 for Teaching Quality Assessment – rated as excellent
2. The UK’s highest ranked Pharmacy Programme according to The Guardian Newspaper Rankings 2007 and in the UK’s top 3 in 2005 and 2006.
Reply 38
No I come on here to sort out the scum who attempt to even compare Pharmacy with Medicine as there is no comaprison. Medicine is in a league of its own above Pharmacy.

It's funny how Pharmacists think they're as good as doctors hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha. They're nowhere near the same level of prestige and respect as doctors.

It's fun winding up you bitter and pathetic people.
I said, that's enough. Any more arguing and I'll be handing out warnings. British Bulldog, if you have nothing constructive to contribute, please don't post at all. 5unny F1, text speak is against the rules. For the last time, do not get personal and argue in threads.

Latest