The Student Room Group

cancer pharmacology or molecular genetics?

Hi,

I'm thinking if doing my masters but dont know what to choose from.
cancer pharmacology or molecular genetics?

I want to get into the field of cancer reasearch in a lab so I dont know what will be good.

Also what are the typical pays after a masters course?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cancer pharmacology seems more direct towards that field of study, it sounds like its dominated by chemistry though, so if you think you enjoy a more biological approach, I would go for molecular genetics.

Sorry about this but I'm afraid I can't answer the second question, however one can obviously expect it to be higher
Reply 2
Original post by meediaabid
Cancer pharmacology seems more direct towards that field of study, it sounds like its dominated by chemistry though, so if you think you enjoy a more biological approach, I would go for molecular genetics.

Sorry about this but I'm afraid I can't answer the second question, however one can obviously expect it to be higher

Thank you for your input. I'm wanting to do more research and lab based so I think molecular genetics would be better but I would agree with you for the cancer pharmacology as it sounds more like i'm wanting to do
Original post by Yooooo
Thank you for your input. I'm wanting to do more research and lab based so I think molecular genetics would be better but I would agree with you for the cancer pharmacology as it sounds more like i'm wanting to do

I agree, molecular genetics would be more lab based, but I feel that cancer pharmacology is more directed to cancer drug developments, it really depends on whether you prefer the chemical/biological approach:smile:
Go with what you're more interested in. Both are employable in terms of lab careers. Pay will depend on what you're doing and where you work. Have a look at some jobs to get an idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending