The Student Room Group

Sticky situation with uni?

I'm predicted ABB and want to go into physiotherapy at uni, I know it's really really competitive. The thing I'm worried about is not getting a place and being really disappointed on results day.. my teachers think I'm capable of ABB but I'm really doubting myself in this, I'm pretty much a B grade student, I'm not a stellar student, and I'm not bad really.

I'm literally 1 click away from sending off my UCAS form but I'm not sure what to do;

1) Should I apply for 3 physio courses and 2 related courses such as sports therapy?
2) Should I just apply for something which has lower entry requirements?
3) Improve in every way possible apply for 5 physio courses and clear onto a different course if everything turns sour

I really don't know where to go with this
Reply 1
Original post by ZakMoon
I'm predicted ABB and want to go into physiotherapy at uni, I know it's really really competitive. The thing I'm worried about is not getting a place and being really disappointed on results day.. my teachers think I'm capable of ABB but I'm really doubting myself in this, I'm pretty much a B grade student, I'm not a stellar student, and I'm not bad really.

I'm literally 1 click away from sending off my UCAS form but I'm not sure what to do;

1) Should I apply for 3 physio courses and 2 related courses such as sports therapy?
3) Improve in every way possible apply for 5 physio courses and clear onto a different course if everything turns sour

I was in the same situation as you but I'm predicted BBB. I've spoke to so many people that haven't got any offers back.

I put in to do sport therapy and got all my offers back plus one unconditional!

Let me know what you do and where you've put :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZakMoon

I think you should go for one or the other, as a Physiotherapy application is so specific. You'd definitely get onto a Sports Therapy course :smile: Physiotherapy is competitive but it all comes down to how strong your application is.

If it's your grades that you're worried about then why don't you plan to take a gap year and wait and see what grades you get then there won't be that panic on results day. That's what I did, I changed my mind about my medicine application despite having offers. I decided Physiotherapy was really the right course for me. Having a gap year is the best decision I ever made. It removed any rush decisions and gave me time to think. I would advise you to not apply unless you're really sure. In the mean time you can work on making a Physiotherapy application much stronger! :smile: Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by maverick-01
I think you should go for one or the other, as a Physiotherapy application is so specific. You'd definitely get onto a Sports Therapy course :smile: Physiotherapy is competitive but it all comes down to how strong your application is.

If it's your grades that you're worried about then why don't you plan to take a gap year and wait and see what grades you get then there won't be that panic on results day. That's what I did, I changed my mind about my medicine application despite having offers. I decided Physiotherapy was really the right course for me. Having a gap year is the best decision I ever made. It removed any rush decisions and gave me time to think. I would advise you to not apply unless you're really sure. In the mean time you can work on making a Physiotherapy application much stronger! :smile: Hope this helps!

In the end I went for the same options as my friends (not the same uni's necessarily, but in terms of choices). I went for 2 physiotherapy courses which were at Keele and Sheffield Hallam, and 3 sports therapy which were at Coventry, Uclan and Leeds Beckett.

The idea of getting a deferred entry into a course did cross my mind, but I think I'd end up not going to university if I spent a year working and staying at home.
Reply 4
Original post by Rach-j
I was in the same situation as you but I'm predicted BBB. I've spoke to so many people that haven't got any offers back.

I put in to do sport therapy and got all my offers back plus one unconditional!

Let me know what you do and where you've put :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get the unconditional at? That's fantastic!

Quick Reply