The Student Room Group

I've failed my driving test!! :(

I've failed my driving test last Wednesday and it took place at 8:15. I got 11 minors, 3 major faults. The 1st one was for obstruction because the lorry was illegal parked near a junction with its light on so I thought it was part of the traffic and believe me it happened 2 minutes after the test started and I knew I failed straight away, 2nd major fault took place about 5 minutes later due apparently there was oncoming van and I was made poor judgment and the final one was positioning on the road. I was gutted that the examiner told me instructer that I was unsuccessful because I was ready for the test months ago and I only passed the theory less than 6 weeks ago. I do have Asperger's syndrome so I think the failing the test was mainly to do with my mental attitude and understanding situations on the road. The examiner I had that was actually a replacement one due the one I was supposed to have called in sick and the one I had normally does the motorbikes. I gotta get this off my chest that the examiner I had on the test day was moody, grouchy, intimidating and made felt uncomfortable from start to finish. He never even introduced himself, asked how I'm feeling, never smiled, never laughed, he literally had no personality what's so ever and I think it's absolutely disgraceful as he was going through me results in such a condencending, aggressive manor like he know to belittle me like that. Mind you I hardly slept the night before and only had an hour to prepare myself so I had nothing to eat. My test took place from 8:15 to 8:55 so apparently that's rush hour.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'll bump this for you (though don't expect responses until morning, considering that few are on this time in the morning.)
You just passed ur theory 6 weeks ago. You still have nearly 2 years left. Learn from ur mistakes, practice, practice and then take ur lesson again in maybe 2 months time asap.

I have my driving test next wednesday. My theory certificate finishes in 2 weeks. If I fail my lesson, I'll have to redo theory again, so dnt worry.
Don't worry too much about it i failed 3 times the first time I was gutted 3 minors and one major 2 minutes from the end of the test now that's gutting
Reply 4
Original post by jamierobinson94
I've failed my driving test last Wednesday and it took place at 8:15. I got 11 minors, 3 major faults. The 1st one was for obstruction because the lorry was illegal parked near a junction with its light on so I thought it was part of the traffic and believe me it happened 2 minutes after the test started and I knew I failed straight away, 2nd major fault took place about 5 minutes later due apparently there was oncoming van and I was made poor judgment and the final one was positioning on the road. I was gutted that the examiner told me instructer that I was unsuccessful because I was ready for the test months ago and I only passed the theory less than 6 weeks ago. I do have Asperger's syndrome so I think the failing the test was mainly to do with my mental attitude and understanding situations on the road. The examiner I had that was actually a replacement one due the one I was supposed to have called in sick and the one I had normally does the motorbikes. I gotta get this off my chest that the examiner I had on the test day was moody, grouchy, intimidating and made felt uncomfortable from start to finish. He never even introduced himself, asked how I'm feeling, never smiled, never laughed, he literally had no personality what's so ever and I think it's absolutely disgraceful as he was going through me results in such a condencending, aggressive manor like he know to belittle me like that. Mind you I hardly slept the night before and only had an hour to prepare myself so I had nothing to eat. My test took place from 8:15 to 8:55 so apparently that's rush hour.

A series of unfortunate events plus a couple of other things thrown in too.

Not everyone passes first time and they do say drivers who pass the second or third time make better drivers in the long term and have less accidents so there is hope at the end of the tunnel. A report in The Independent paper and Mail on line, has just said people who pass driving test first time most likely to be in accidents, being over confident and rash.

Best thing is too try and shake it off, easier said than done though, and put it behind you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335900/Pass-driving-test-time-bad-driver.html
Original post by Racoon
A series of unfortunate events plus a couple of other things thrown in too.

Not everyone passes first time and they do say drivers who pass the second or third time make better drivers in the long term and have less accidents so there is hope at the end of the tunnel. A report in The Independent paper and Mail on line, has just said people who pass driving test first time most likely to be in accidents, being over confident and rash.

Best thing is too try and shake it off, easier said than done though, and put it behind you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335900/Pass-driving-test-time-bad-driver.html

I've been having driving lessons on/off for 18 months now so I guess I'm quite experienced
Reply 6
Original post by jamierobinson94

It's okay to fail don't worry about it, the examiners are soooo strict I failed about 4 times hahahahaha and always had 2 minors and 1 major can you believe it I failed for being close to the cars on the left? He said how I was about to hit the car on the left.. But did I hit the car noooo I didn't :s ..... They just fail people for stupid things so don't worry about it...
Seriously don't worry about it. Quite alot of people fail their test the first time around- its really no big deal.
Learn from your mistakes, overcome your nervousness, be confident and assure yourself that you will pass the next time.
Just retake and give it another go :h:
Reply 8
I took my driving test last week at 8:10 AM rushhour. I also have Asperger's syndrome and managed to pass first time, it has nothing to do with that, just make sure your always paying attention
Reply 9
That many errors? Thank god you didn't pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending